By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 SALES are Very Disappointing (Just Realized)

darthdevidem01 said:
oh a profit has 100%ingly been made

Any idea what the budget was for this game?  I've heard $40-50m (take with a grain of salt though), so with say 2 million shipped, it's made a profit, but likely not as much as anyone had hoped.

Around the Network

Making a good game does not mean you'll get good sales. This has been proven time and time again with MANY games that sold very well (I'm not going to list names.) But Killzone 2 is by far the best first person shooter released this generation so far, and that is fact. Killzone 2 is not popular in certain groups of people (young kids, frat boys, etc.) and therefore it does not gain the sales it deserves. It's about brand and word of mouth, the majority of gamers do not care about how good a game is, or how good it looks, they care about whats hip to play, and that right now is CoD.

maybe its because it has no split screen coop

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

@Darth

LBP is at 2.35 million,that bad boy is on the way to becoming 3 million seller,and becoming an Elite.

Elite games = Games that sold over 3 million

inverted3reality said:
Making a good game does not mean you'll get good sales. This has been proven time and time again with MANY games that sold very well (I'm not going to list names.) But Killzone 2 is by far the best first person shooter released this generation so far, and that is fact. Killzone 2 is not popular in certain groups of people (young kids, frat boys, etc.) and therefore it does not gain the sales it deserves. It's about brand and word of mouth, the majority of gamers do not care about how good a game is, or how good it looks, they care about whats hip to play, and that right now is CoD.

No offense, but that may be a fact to you and not necessarily everyone else.

opinion != fact

Around the Network

anyone who said 2 million would probably have been labeled an anti-sony fanboy before it came out. I'm not saying it's horrible but this is way, way below what people were predicting. The examples are endless...

Spectre35 posted 08/02/2009, 12:41
1.5 million first week.

yusuke93_ita posted 05/02/2009, 06:10
3 millione first week...
i preordered it ...

oliminator1994 posted 05/02/2009, 05:16
15million lifetime
5million first week

madmonkey747 posted 02/02/2009, 01:09
2.5 million first week... 8 million lifetime.

hatmoza 2.0 posted 01/02/2009, 05:45
2 million 1st week

NicholasCage posted 30/01/2009, 12:54
94%

600k first week from both America + Others

5million lifetime.

Idree posted 29/01/2009, 10:15
96+ on metacritic. 1 million first week, and 5 million lifetime

Thechalkblock posted 26/01/2009, 01:02
I predict 90-91%

500,000 first week.

3.5 million lifetime.

RPG posted 06/01/2009, 01:40
4 million sales first year ;)

mickill2 posted 25/02/2009, 12:57
only 21 hours to go i live in australia cant wait.

1.7m 1st week
between 5 to 6 million life time

oliminator1994 posted 24/02/2009, 09:53
650k 1st week
5million life time

crazybas posted 24/02/2009, 04:24
Have the game! Yeah!
2 million first week world sales

roarlionsroar1313 posted 11/02/2009, 11:16
2.5 million 1st week

Lil_D420 posted 11/02/2009, 06:38
2 million WW sales 1st week

squilliam
3.5 million would be my conservative estimate, I was thinking 4-4.5 as a nice range for LTD sales.

this is only a fraction of them.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

inverted3reality said:

Perhaps your name should be changed to "distorted" reality? 

Your opinion does NOT = fact.

@phalanx

Oh they made a profit

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

probably an fps not as many fans were lured after such a hype (since america just needed HALO FPS and lost many fans), did deserve the score it got, but ended up like it's predecessor..perhaps still not close to it. Well will continue the sales in this slow rate and end up with an LTD of 2.2 -2.5 mn which is still good.
Really little below than expected for Sony. Well other IP's hopefully in lieue can do better.

darthdevidem01 said:
@phalanx

Oh they made a profit

Dude, I'm not doubting that.  I'm curious how much was made.