By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 SALES are Very Disappointing (Just Realized)

Sales and Scores suggest COD4 > Killzone 2 ...

I would say its because the PS community is so diverse but then COD managed what it did .. so I dunno. Not enough exposer?

Around the Network

I think it's simply because there's less FPS or TPS fans on the PS3. Most shooter gamers have chosen the 360 as their console of choice for Halo and Gears. Sure some of them have both systems, but I believe there are more single console owners out there than multi console owners. So personally, I kind of expected it. Besides, close to 2 million sales for a game isn't that bad. I'm sure they made a profit from it. Heck Some games don't even make 1 million and still profits and most games these days take 2-3 years of development.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

For what it's worth, it's +1 today...

I think the performance of this game could only be judged if you knew what Guerilla's expectations for it was. Perhaps their goal was ~2 million units?

darthdevidem01 said:

@Psrock

Ps3 games have had amazing sales PsRock

MGs4, Motorstorm, Valkyria Chronicles, GTA4, Assassin's Creed & so on

why couldn't KZ2 be in that bracket.....it had everything going for it

EDIT:

you meant first party, but Uncharted 1 sold really really well

Uncharted was released 2 years ago and this rate killzone 2 will out sell it XD

plus MGS, GTA...etc are entries to a very popular games (some them go way back) so u cant really compare them to Kz

BTW: Prock is messing with ya

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

psrock said:
Has there been one PS3 first party game to Sell over 1 million in NA?

Resistance:Fall of Man

Around the Network
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Psrock

MGS4, GTA4, ASSASINS'S CREED are not Sony's games. Motorstorm was bundled, and Valkyria had threads  just begging people to buy the game. It's not a Killzone issue, it's a Sony first party issue.

Why make up a special excuse for Valkyria's sales?  It's not as if Sega is Sony first party now (with tons of games on the Wii).  And your reason was so bad, too...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Very dissapointing, considering it sold so good in first weeks.

I was expectin it to outsell Resistance 2 in 3 weeks.

Great game, best Fps I have played.

Take my love, take my land..

I could of swore it was like 2.25 million? I thought i looked it up a few days ago hmmm..

If i made a thread like this i would of been banned :p

Final-Fan said:
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Psrock

MGS4, GTA4, ASSASINS'S CREED are not Sony's games. Motorstorm was bundled, and Valkyria had threads  just begging people to buy the game. It's not a Killzone issue, it's a Sony first party issue.

Why make up a special excuse for Valkyria's sales?  It's not as if Sega is Sony first party now (with tons of games on the Wii).  And your reason was so bad, too...

Your reason was much better, I am sorry.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Garnett

I felt the same way my friend, I was CERTAIN it had outsold LBP!

but then I checkes after I saw it on the front page as "one of the most viewed games" & I got shocked

When I said Valkyria Chronicles sold amazing, I meant it

A SRPG selling that much without Final Fantasy in the title is amazing

@seece

True COD4 is "better" in terms of metacritic

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey