By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 22% of VG Chartz Thinks Wii IS DOOMED --- WHY?!!

NeoRatt said:
The jury is still out on whether the Wii can stay in the game...

And the jury will not come back until after the holiday season in 2010.

Way too early to tell now... Natal, Sony motion controls, Wii HD? Which one will do best? If you know for certain please let me know so I can make a early stock purchase.

There is no Wii HD, only Wii SD, and Wii SD will easily beat Natal and Sony motion, as its already out, and already has games, games that people want.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I'm starting to think they just shouldn't include the joke answers on these things. It really skews the results.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I have doubts Sony motion will have any effect on the Wii. I prefer to play most games without the wii motion controller. I thankful they are finally bring Williams Pinball collection to a HD console with a normal controller. Even though I already got it for the Wii I will buy it again especially with 3 more tables.

SmokedHostage said:
$249.99 Wii with Wii Sports vs. $299.99 PS3 Slim 120 GB vs. $299.99 Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB.

^Pretty much the argument here.

Wii still PWNS

I am gonna go vote now. I will not vote for the option that said Wii is DOOMED..

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

The Wii can sell ZERO units from this point on and it'd still already be a huge financial success for Nintendo.

Around the Network

Just voted. Am glad the Wii is doomed option isn't winning. Close though. Obviously a lot of stupid people voted!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Just voted. Am glad the Wii is doomed option isn't winning. Close though. Obviously a lot of stupid people voted!

I think a better word for those people who voted this option is Fanboys or even Jokers! lol

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I voted for Wii is doomed, because its dooooooooooooomed, doooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!

JK, I voted for lulz.

mhsillen said:
arsenicazure said:
I havent bought a wii game in months- and I m not about to invest $20 each for my 4 wiimotes for wii motion+.. and I dont think most ppl will either..

For such a bold statement do you have some proof that no one will buy the motion+

well lets see.. for starters there is this lil thing called the RECESSION.. why would i wanna plonk down $80 for a/multiple devices that should kinda be standard especially when motion tech is the only selling point for the wii(and the nintendo games ofcourse)

At $250+ $20-80 for motion+ seems a lil expensive to me- we now have the ps3slim and the elite at $299.. and natal and eyetoy i nthe works.. from here on, the wii is only going to get slower n slower.. It isnt doomed.. I DONT AGREE with THAT but it might prolly never reach the glitzy heights it has attained...

Greedy nintendo really need to slap some dollars off the wii....
and throw in wii motion+ as standard with the wiimotes!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Correction, now 23% lol

The Wii is doomed! they better get a price cut out and quick