By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-Fit Balance Board weight limit.

At 126 lbs and about 7% body fat, I'm not too concerned for the weight limit of the Balance Board. And if you're over 300 lbs, then you need to seek outside help before buying one!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

It kinda makes sence... But I'm sure some people will try anyways and go to Nintendo and say: "Hey it broke!" Dumbasses.

I'm 6 foot 2 and only 165 lbs. And I STILL have a slight paunch I would like to get rid of. I'm in good shape, but I would hardly call myself buff.

1.8M and 70KG, pretty normal (21.6 BMI)

That thing will hold me easy =P

well, i'm sure the machine can see 300+ pounds. it's just that when you jump on it with 300+ pounds...

actually, i wonder if there's any activities that require jumping, since that can add a lot of stress onto the machine.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
found a chart on Wikipedia of the average weights of mena and women for US, Can, UK and Finland.....Finnish Women are tiny!

Country Women Men
USA 163 lb (74 kg) (11st 9lb) 190 lb (86 kg) (13st 8lb)
Canada 153 lb (69 kg) (10st 13lb) 183 lb (83 kg) (13st 1lb)
Finland 88 lb (40 kg) (6st 4lb) 183 lb (83 kg) (13st 1lb)
United Kingdom 147 lb (67 kg) (10st 7lb) 176 lb (80 kg) (12st 8lb)

That's crazy.....are you sure that isn't a typo??   All of the women would have to be under 5 feet tall and very petite...

TWRoO said:

Apparently the Balance board has a weight limit of 136Kg (300lb) (18st10lb)

link:

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=9135&sid=291272dc35339ebb2515d91dd4fc2e88&title=136Kg+limit+for+Wii+Fit+Balance+Board

a sentence from the link says; "Based on this, it’s apparent that some of the more obese members of the gaming community may be unable to utilise Nintendo’s new get fit peripheral, nor play the included Wii Fit game bundle."

ok i have to make a comment here, if the Simpsons is anything to go by, 300lb+ is classed as not just obese but so obese to be disabled. I understand that the point of the game is to get fitter but i can't see people of such a weight being able to perform any of the tasks even if they could use the board....And i would also argue that Wii Fit is surely more about keeping fit not as an aid to stop you becoming clinically obese, and that anyone weighing that amount should have some sort of medical help in losing the weight and Wii Fit is probably not the best option.

Despite this though... "Earlier in the year Wii Fit producer Shigeru Miyamoto suggested in an interview with 1up that a new ‘super-size’ board may yet be available for countries outside of Japan."

thoughts?

This is one concern I had about this project. Japanese people on average are smaller built than most nations. I even think 300 lb may be too light for them but I KNOW it's too light for others in the world who this game would most speak to.

Nintendo always comes from a Japanese perspective first, which is natural (we all come from our hometown perspective first), but they're gonna have to beef up the limit a little more if they REALLY want it to take off. Then again lawsuit problems due to health complications with some heavy people (all fat people aren't unhealthy) with heartattacks and going off balance falling injuring themselves. It's a real balancing act.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

konnichiwa said:
Oh man this sucks for Soriku :(.

J/K.

ROTLOMA

I'm 1.81m and around 65-70kg so I guess kind of normal then ;) At least I don't have to worry that my balance board will break in half once I do a yoga stand :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Well 300lb is not fat, also depends your height, your body since we are not all the same, and correct me if am wrong, but muscle weights more then fat..... O_O

XCosMarX said:
Well 300lb is not fat, also depends your height, your body since we are not all the same, and correct me if am wrong, but muscle weights more then fat..... O_O

That's what Reggie said when they had him on the spot at E3.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!