By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Poll: What should be Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

What is Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

$50 price cut. 2,891 28.68%

More colors. 1,514 15.02%

Wii Sports Resort pack-in. 567 5.63%

New Super Mario Bros Wii bundle. 650 6.45%

What? Nintendo worry? 1,837 18.22%

Nothing. The Wii is doomed. 2,621 26.00%

Total:10,080

I would raise the price and laugh at Microsoft and Sony as they fall to the mighty Wii wonder. There's no stopping the Black Mamba, which is Mario since Kobe needs a better nickname.

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
Welcome Back Mr Etecoon!

I didn't get ti...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

I would bundle every peripheral, and every significant first party game that Nintendo made in this generation, to a single mega-pack, and sell it for $400

For the Wii, just keep releasing games that make hardcore gamers cry. It's been working for them so far.

I voted for "bundle NSMB" because it's the closest to my solution which would be to focus on content and bridge games (NSMB is a possible bridge game).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

It would be nice if Nintendo released a black Wii and controllers.

I think it may be possible for them to do Players Choice games. If not this year, then definitely next year. They could drop prices of games released in the first year, year and a half of the Wii to start off with. It would boost sales of the games and the Wii.

Much smarter choice for Nintendo to do these options first before thinking about a $50 price drop IMO.

Who in the world voted doom?

Khuutra said:

Who in the world voted doom?

Dreamers.

I went with Wii Sports Resort bundle. Some people play Wii Sports, find that the motion controls aren't as responsive as they imagined they would be, and walk away disappointed with the Wii. If their first Wii experience is the accuracy and polish of WSR, they're less likely to be alienated from motion controls.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Full Pokemon RPG for Wii (in the likeness of Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold).  Make it like the handhelds but add more depth in terms of attacks, leveling and such, as well as obvious graphic improvements.  Have deep online battle modes were you face people in the same class as you to earn rankings and leveling up for your pokemon.

Have it bundled with a limited edition pokemon Wii.  People would eat this up!

Ok wow. Thank you for annoiting me as CEO you guys can stop clapping now. What's up Denise :) Reggie what's good. Satoru . . . sorry but I must fufil the dream of Nintendo gamers worldwide. You did a good job though I will continue where you left off.

First. I have to give it to Retro Studio's. Good job with the Metroid series but personally I prefer the style that Tecmo is taking the series in, you know more focused on a third person perspective, but again good job. I played your beta version of Star Fox Wii. Wow I'm impressed this is definately going to be the best Star Fox game.

As for the competition, well, at this point in time I don't consider them competition. They have reduced their prices multiple times but it has not affected the Wii in any serious way. But, that doesn't meen we shouldn't cater to our fans. So come this holiday season I want to see the black wii, wiith black wiimote, nunchuck, and motion plus accesories launched no excuses. I also want to see the classic controller pro lauched this holiday season in both black and white.

I don't want Wii Sports Resort nor NSMB Wii to be packed in and I know that may dissapoint, oh what the hell pack in NSMB Wii with the Wii for $279.99 US.

As for the Virtual Console. I want every game to have a playable demo. I want the prices cut on some games. I want games to be updated constantly. I also want a ' Suggestions Board ' where people can log on to and suggest what game they want to come out the next Monday. The game which gets the most vote wins.

R&D I want you to start developing a 60 GB Harddrive for Wii immediately.

This is just the start of some things I would fix if I were CEO

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .