By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu First Day Sales (08/28)

bigdom2786 said:
johnsobas said:
dream c club's sales really show what a joke famitsu's most wanted is.

what was the chart like before this....

plus with sales like that i wouldnt be bragging....

i dont' think you know what i'm talking about, check the link

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=82560

dream C club is ranked #9 on famitsu's most wanted.  I see Blood of Bahamut, another game that didn't do well on there too.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
trestres said:
Wow, many underperforming games. I expected more from Soul Calibur, Nanashi no Game, Super Robot.

What's that Nintendo game right there? Looks like it bombed badly considering the %

you mean the game that teaches you how to "organize things and money?"  Yea i'm sure it's really front loaded and cost lots of money to make. 

Finally someone tells me what that game is. I didn't really know what it was, but now I see why the low sales.

Anyways, whether you like it or not, the game bombed if we go by %'s.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
johnsobas said:
trestres said:
Wow, many underperforming games. I expected more from Soul Calibur, Nanashi no Game, Super Robot.

What's that Nintendo game right there? Looks like it bombed badly considering the %

you mean the game that teaches you how to "organize things and money?"  Yea i'm sure it's really front loaded and cost lots of money to make. 

Finally someone tells me what that game is. I didn't really know what it was, but now I see why the low sales.

Anyways, whether you like it or not, the game bombed if we go by %'s.

you can't be serious.  First of all shipments are nothing but retail expectations, has nothing to do with publisher expectations or even customer expectations.  Second the game is about organizing money, and this is first day sales....you're gonna call it a bomb huh?

Disappointing for Soul Calibur, I was hoping it would match the 4th installment saleswise in Japan. Hopefully it has a bit better legs then that one.

Lol, selling only 10% of the shipment is a bomb. Unless the game develops some kind of legs, it will still a bomb.

Having 90% of the copies at your store isn't that good, right?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Lol, selling only 10% of the shipment is a bomb. Unless the game develops some kind of legs, it will still a bomb.

Having 90% of the copies at your store isn't that good, right?

after 1 day, on a DS game about organizing money i wouldn't be especially worried about it.  Perhaps you should check out the sales of similar DS games.  Look at games like bimoji training or DS ryouri navi.  It's not comparable to the typical game.

I'm surprised that all of these games release this week, I didn't even know half of them were coming out so soon. I'm also surprised by the low sellthrough, I know Japan is coming off a holiday but really, what's everyone buying?

But wow, Soul Calibur huge bomb. Almost outsold by the 360 Dream Club game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

it's funny i looked up a bunch of training/non games from 3rd parties on DS and all but 1 of them sold over 10x first week sales (not first day). 15x is not uncommon.

Soul calibur did less then I expected.Maybe because of piracy?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
Soul calibur did less then I expected.Maybe because of piracy?

no, Japan is certainly not known for it's piracy.  I think Soul Calibur is the type of game that sells better on consoles.