By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Gameplay video of Kingdom Under Fire 2

JaggedSac said:
I was going to say the exact same thing Slimebeast, but I did not feel like derailing the thread more. But I agree. They look the same to me.

Great. Now that we agree Hyams is a lier we can move on and talk about Kingdom Under Fire II again.

J/k, but really, the KUF II video looked great and I believe the X360 version will be very close to that quality.

I dunno if the gameplay will be fun though.

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Was that a giant enemy scorpion?

Yes...If you play as the Orc leader..you can command those they were in the first game...

Can you flip it on its back and hit the weak point for massive damage?

Yeah, but you need to do a real-time weapon change first.

antfromtashkent said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Was that a giant enemy scorpion?

Yes...If you play as the Orc leader..you can command those they were in the first game...

Can you flip it on its back and hit the weak point for massive damage?

In the Xbox campaign you had to have your engineer's set up traps for them...and hit them with Mortar rounds...or magic...

Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:
I was going to say the exact same thing Slimebeast, but I did not feel like derailing the thread more. But I agree. They look the same to me.

Great. Now that we agree Hyams is a lier we can move on and talk about Kingdom Under Fire II again.

J/k, but really, the KUF II video looked great and I believe the X360 version will be very close to that quality.

Massive Win Slime Beast..Massive WIN!!!!!!

If you like RTS it will...People need to understand...This is not a Hack & Slash game...you can practically go through the whole game without hacking and slash...well..during the key parts of the story when you have to defeat an enemy general you have fight and need to use this mode wisely...But you still have control of all your other troops unless the story has them blocked off...which you must understand is what the game devs wants you to do at that certain point and gives you the feeling of how big and open the game world is..and how in depth the physics are..your archers are useless in a forest and every class has it's pros and cons...also...when controling your general...it's fluid and very resposive and requires it's own strtergy and is affected by how you upgrade your general...so it's no button mashing madness...

Here are a few videos for KUF, showing what actual gameplay is like on older games. Chances are, KUF2 will follow the same formula:

/\ Probably one of the better explaining tactical decisions between H. Calvalry charges, and Paladin holy strikes.

Those 3 videos are from Gerald's campaign in KUF: The Crusaders. The least difficult. Once you get to the harder ones, there is even more RTS to it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Looks amazing and a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing this title.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:

If you like RTS it will...People need to understand...This is not a Hack & Slash game...you can practically go through the whole game without hacking and slash...well..during the key parts of the story when you have to defeat an enemy general you have fight and need to use this mode wisely...But you still have control of all your other troops unless the story has them blocked off...which you must understand is what the game devs wants you to do at that certain point and gives you the feeling of how big and open the game world is..and how in depth the physics are..your archers are useless in a forest and every class has it's pros and cons...also...when controling your general...it's fluid and very resposive and requires it's own strtergy and is affected by how you upgrade your general...so it's no button mashing madness...

I was gonna say the gameplay looks repetitive and slightly boring because it's so much hack'n slash, but your description of the RTS-aspects and the complete gameplay experience got me really excited.

"Open game world", that I still doubt though.

This thread is full of Epic win from Hyams. LOL FYI Hyams there is a Publisher for the game already we just don't know who it is yet. We'll likely know after TGS.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Huge battles! I can't believe how great the graphics look despite that insane scale. Look at that mammoth walking into the forest - lovely. I wonder how they'll pull this off on the X360.

Slimebeast said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:

I was gonna say the gameplay looks repetitive and slightly boring because it's so much hack'n slash, but your description of the RTS-aspects and the complete gameplay experience got me really excited.

"Open game world", that I still doubt though.

Don't doubt. you will get it soon enough,And no..I don't mean like SandBox..But there is a World Map which is part of it's RPG elements..