By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Gameplay video of Kingdom Under Fire 2

Hyams said:
I always feel like the bad guy when we talk about this game, but guys ... this is the PC version of the game. You can even see the mouse cursor during certain parts of the gameplay footage.

I'm sure the 360 version will look good too, but don't get your hopes up too high.

And I used to feel like the Badguy when Alan Wake footage was shown..And PS3 Fanboys would tout it was the PC version....AWWWWWWWWWW

Around the Network

"Reviving the medieval ages, thousands of gamers can co-join in war, choose their side, trade with each other, expand and cultivate their territory, then go out to the battlefield to match with other gamers in 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, or 3 vs. 3 over possession or protection of territories."

This could look like the Xbox version..and I'm in due to this feature....

"I would say about 40% of development process has been completed. Aiming for 2009 release, we will have the exact release date announcement near the end of this year."

And I used to feel like the Badguy when Alan Wake footage was shown..And PS3 Fanboys would tout it was the PC version....AWWWWWWWWWW

Well ... it was. The newest Alan Wake footage isn't nearly as good as all the old screenshots and stuff Selnor used to present as the 360 version.

Why is this being turned into a console war again, though? This is an awesome looking game - why have you gotta bring the PS3 into it?

Also, is no one else shocked that this hasn't got a publisher yet? I hope they get one soon.

Hyams said:

Well ... it was. The newest Alan Wake footage isn't nearly as good as all the old screenshots and stuff Selnor used to present as the 360 version.

Why is this being turned into a console war again, though? This is an awesome looking game - why have you gotta bring the PS3 into it?

Also, is no one else shocked that this hasn't got a publisher yet? I hope they get one soon.

Could you post some comparison shots so we can see the differences in Alan Wake pc footage and Alan Wake 360 footage?

-_-

This is gonna end up like last thread, isn't it?

Okay, I'll oblige.

Top one is the PC shot Selnor was most proud of, the second one was released E3 time and is of the 360 build. Notice how the lighting in the 360 build isn't anywhere near as good as the PC build?

It's still an amazing looking game either way - definitely one of the best looking console games this gen - so how about we stop this early, and get back to talking about Kingdom Under Fire II?

Another fun fact:

There will be some other differences between the PC and 360 versions of KUFII - the 360 version will focus more on the single player, and the PC version will focus more on the multiplayer. Not too sure why this is, though. Anyone got an ideas?

Around the Network

^^You know Alan Wake doesn't have a PC version anymore right?

Yeah. The first shot was from when there was a PC version, second shot is from E3, where this is no longer a PC version.

I find it bizarre that in a thread about KUFII, y'all only seem to be interested in talking about Alan Wake, though.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Was that a giant enemy scorpion?

Yes...If you play as the Orc leader..you can command those they were in the first game...

Can you flip it on its back and hit the weak point for massive damage?

Hyams said:

-_-

This is gonna end up like last thread, isn't it?

Okay, I'll oblige.

Top one is the PC shot Selnor was most proud of, the second one was released E3 time and is of the 360 build. Notice how the lighting in the 360 build isn't anywhere near as good as the PC build?

Only thing you've done is to show that the X360 version is on par with the PC version. Environments, character models, textures, lighting, everything is the same (even the applied AA effect seems to be as high on the X360, u can hardly see no jaggies - unless this screen is manipulated).

And about lighting, you cherry picked a X360 screen where the lighting doesn't reveal itself well, but this is the nail in the coffin:

(compared side by side to PC version lighting:)

The light and shadow shades of the forest are exactly the same quality (maybe they both even are from the X360 version).

I was going to say the exact same thing Slimebeast, but I did not feel like derailing the thread more. But I agree. They look the same to me.