By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction game: Best selling games Nov + Dec

WiiStation360 said:
Excluding PS2, hand helds, pack-ins, all of Europe, Nintendog, and Wii games that come with peripherals. We are left with:

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Guitar Hero 3 (360)
3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Wii)
4. Halo 3 (360)
5. Guitar Hero 3 (Wii)
6. Call of Duty 4 (360)
7. Assassins Creed (360)
8. Madden NFL 2008 (360)
9. Mass Effect (360)
10. Tie Rock Bank (360) & Guitar Hero 3 (PS3)

I don't get why we are excluding so many games.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
WiiStation360 said:
Excluding PS2, hand helds, pack-ins, all of Europe, Nintendog, and Wii games that come with peripherals. We are left with:

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Guitar Hero 3 (360)
3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Wii)
4. Halo 3 (360)
5. Guitar Hero 3 (Wii)
6. Call of Duty 4 (360)
7. Assassins Creed (360)
8. Madden NFL 2008 (360)
9. Mass Effect (360)
10. Tie Rock Bank (360) & Guitar Hero 3 (PS3)

I don't get why we are excluding so many games.

I assumed we were just talking games for the 3 home systems. I think crossbow training and Wii Play would be interesting to guess at, but it is not my thread.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Going by North American sales only. I didn't exclude handheld games because that's not right.

1. Super Mario Galaxy (wii)
2. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (wii)
3. Guitar Hero 3 (PS2)
4. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)
5. Guitar Hero 3 (Wii)
6. Call of Duty 4 (360)
7. Halo 3 (360)
8. Guitar Hero 3 (360)
9. Madden NFL 2008 (PS2)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Lots of big games left out: Mass Effect, Rock Band, Assassin's Creed. Man it's going to be huge this holiday.

I'm surprised that so many of you are leaving off Mass Effect. I think it will definitely crack the top ten somewhere, especially if we're leaving handheld games and bundles out of this list.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ draven manson, it cant be PES 08 because that's releasing in october...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Question to you folks since this doesn't really warrant a thread of its own....

Do you think the combine GH3 sales will overshadow SMG sales? I think it could go either way so I would be interested to hear a decent argument either way.

Anyways, seperating it out I think it will be SMG on top, and I have no idea for the rest of the list.

To Each Man, Responsibility

1. Halo 3
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Guitar Hero III - (PS2)
4. Guitar Hero III - (Wii)
5. Call of Duty 4 - (360)
6. Rock Band - (360)
7. Guitar Hero III - (360)
8. Mass Effect
9. Mario & Sonic at the Olmpyic Games
10. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wiisports for the wiisports-haters :), in second halo3 or smg

Resident Evil UC anyone???

Guitar Hero 3 combined will beat galaxy and halo for Nov-Dec by a landslide. No question. The Wii version might even beat Galaxy all by itself.

I say It goes:

Galaxy(Wii)
GH3(Wii)
GH3(360)
COD(360)
Halo 3(360)
Mass Effect(360)
Ratchet & Clank(PS3)
GH3(PS3)
Rock Band(360)
Brain Age 2(DS)

The list doesn't seem to have enough DS games though... and I'd expect at least one DS game or two to be higher up the list, given that it'll be the best selling console of them all