By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction game: Best selling games Nov + Dec

The holiday season is coming and that means crazy sales of games. Also the time a lot of new software is released but also old software recieves a boost from the new adopters looking for the pearls already released on that platform.

I want to do a prediction game to predict what the top 10 games will be over November and December. A tough one since blockbusters like Guitar Hero, Assassins Creed and Super Mario Galaxy will be released, but Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War, Resistance FoM and maybe Metroid Prime 3 will probably see large boosts in sales.

I'll start of with my prediction and will calculate the overall sales begin Januari.

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Guitar Hero (360)
3. Guitar Hero (Wii)
4. Halo 3 (360)
5. Call of Duty 4 (360)
6. Assassins Creed (360)
7. Mass Effect (360)
8. Gears of War (360)
9. Guitar Hero (PS3)
10. Bioshock (360)

EDIT: To avoid discussions WiiPlay and Link's Crossbow Training are not allowed

EDIT 2: And WiiSports is not included either.

My personal opinion is that all games should be counted, also pack-ins, but for the sake of this game I would like to avoid the discussion and only predict for "regular sold" games.

EDIT 3: I'll make the list based on Japanese + American VGChartz sales for console games (no handhelds) since European sales data is very limited.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

I'll start of with my prediction and will calculate the overall sales begin Januari.

Januari?

Anyway, I'll go with Super Mario Galaxy or Halo 3. 

Are we excluding pack-ins cause Wii Sports will probably come out on top.

Wii sports.

1 : Pro evolution soccer 2008
2 : Guitar Hero 3
3 :...

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy and nothing else...

If you exclude Wii Sports, also exclude: Forza MS2 & Marvel:UA

@ WiiStation360

I'll try to get the numbers of pack-in sold and substract those from the total numbers, but I don't think other pack-ins then the Nintendo ones will come close to a top 10 place over the holidays so don't really matter.

Super Mario Galaxy

That works. Are we guessing worldwide or US sales ?