By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Insomniac will remain with Sony.

A rare developer who remains loyal to Sony and PS3. It could be they are partially owned by Sony. If they were solely in it for only money they would port their games to PC, 360 and Wii.

Around the Network

Too bad for Insomiac that sony Finances and publishes their games and they have a healthy relationship with sony plus sony ownes their IP's LOL.

CGI-Quality said:
BrayanA said:
nen-suer said:
BrayanA said:
Garnett said:

There lazy,they just dont wanna use the real power of Xbox live.. Value owns them. L4D2 > R&C

Forget about R&C. Compare it with Resistace. They are both FPSs.

Left 4 Dead sold much more copies then Resistance 2 only on XBOX360.

In PS2 era they managed to sold more then 2m copies of every game they made. Same goes for PS1 era. With PS3 the only game that break 2m is Resistance: FoM and we all know why.

Resistance 1 sold faaaar more copies then L4D only on PS3

Also Resistance sold more then 5 million copies with two games, you can say what you want but a succsess is a success

"Resistance 1 sold faaaar more copies then L4D only on PS3"

I see what you did here.

First.

The word "only" is absolutely unnecessary, cos there are no other platforms for Resistance 1 as it is for L4D. And if you look at all sales for L4D and not only on XBOX360 then L4D "sold faaaar more copies then" Resistance 1.

Also Valve "sold more then 5 million copies with" one game.

Second.

If Resistance 1 sold 3.5m then tell me why Resistance 2 sold less then half of this number even when the PS3 userbase doubles?

Anyway I can't deny that Insomniac had success with Resistance so far. They where on the right place on the right time with Resistance 1, but can they repeat that success?

Because Resistance 1 was a PS3 launch title with 0 competition on the system for a while

And Resistance 2 wasn't blessed with bundles

@CGI-Quality, I see you know the answer.

If you look at my original post ("the only game that break 2m is Resistance: FoM and we all know why") I know the answer too.

So at the end we all know the answer (except @nen-suer, my question was rhetorical), which means that Insomniac knows it too.

You can't blame Sony about bundles. They have 1 party devs to care about. Don't forget that Sony hold Kill Zone 2 for 2009. I don't think that Resistance 2 would have even this sells if Kill Zone 2 was out in 2008.

I wonder why Insomniac hasn't joined SCEA yet if they are happy and have a good relationship with Sony and other first party studios
Anyways I hope they began working on Resistance 3 already and will announce it soon

@BrayanA

Like i said you can twist it and turn it but a success is a success

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

You do know the same could be said for almost every other company that was in their position in gaming history, most of which deviated from their respective loyalty at some point. The only way they won't leave Sony is if they are owned by Sony, but then we can remember the Rare situation with Nintendo and know that even that isn't a sure thing.

cool48 said:
I hope not, Insomniac being loyal to the PS3 is the only reason I am not purchasing another system. If they were to make an exclusive for another system I would have no other choice to buy that system, and that would cost me lots of money. :p

Same here. I go where Insomniac goes. I'm that obsessed.

AnarchyWest said:
I wonder why Insomniac hasn't joined SCEA yet if they are happy and have a good relationship with Sony and other first party studios
Anyways I hope they began working on Resistance 3 already and will announce it soon

They like to be independant; gives them more freedom to do what they want, but at the same time they enjoy having a great relationship with Sony. That's why they're still 2nd party.

I'm sure they are working on R3; they have a dev cycle of two years alternating between R&C and Resistance. Basically, one team always works on R&C, one on Resistance, and the third goes back and forth. (For example, the third team will be helping finish up R&C and then they'll move to Resistance 3 after that's done).

I'm interested in what Insomniac's new studio is doing. The Lock and Key project, as a few people mentioned. Yeah, I'm very curious as to what that is.