By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Insomniac will remain with Sony.

forget a new ip i want more R&C

Around the Network
Garnett said:

There lazy,they just dont wanna use the real power of Xbox live.. Value owns them. L4D2 > R&C

Thats what i would sound like if i acted like a fanboy but im not.

I loved R2 one of the best games on the PS3 atm.

XBOX 360 cAnt handle games like Resistance with massive co-op player and 60 player battles. Thats why most shooters on the 360 are mostly around 16 except for Frontlines:fuel of war.

blackops said:
Garnett said:

There lazy,they just dont wanna use the real power of Xbox live.. Value owns them. L4D2 > R&C

Thats what i would sound like if i acted like a fanboy but im not.

I loved R2 one of the best games on the PS3 atm.

XBOX 360 cAnt handle games like Resistance with massive co-op player and 60 player battles. Thats why most shooters on the 360 are mostly around 16 except for Frontlines:fuel of war.

It's not that the XBox can't handle that number of players, due to having less processing power. It's the server-client architecture used in some games, with a P2P "server" model, you can't have a big number of players without incurring in lag and a great advantage to the host. If you use a traditional client-server model, you can have hundreds of players, as in some MMOs that are being developed for both consoles, or last generation of consoles as the PS2 with FF XI.

sony funds all of their games no? who wouldnt want that kind of deal?

masterb8tr said:
sony funds all of their games no? who wouldnt want that kind of deal?

But...oh nevermind...I've already said enuf...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Resistance is a fairly standard FPS, never understood the fuss about it. The first one was mediocre, the second one was just run of the mill. Ratchet & Clank is very cool, but is starting to get tired (gonna buy Crack in Time anyway lol). They need a new IP.

From a development perspective i can understand remaining with the PS3. From a sales perspective i don't, they could make double the money by developing on other platforms.

Masakari said:
Resistance is a fairly standard FPS, never understood the fuss about it. The first one was mediocre, the second one was just run of the mill. Ratchet & Clank is very cool, but is starting to get tired (gonna buy Crack in Time anyway lol). They need a new IP.

From a development perspective i can understand remaining with the PS3. From a sales perspective i don't, they could make double the money by developing on other platforms.

very interesting and good storyline

and being exclusive to Sony allows them to release a fully polished game every year

I hope not, Insomniac being loyal to the PS3 is the only reason I am not purchasing another system. If they were to make an exclusive for another system I would have no other choice to buy that system, and that would cost me lots of money. :p

I don't think exclusives are the future of gaming, but ill save that for another thread. I have the utmost respect for Insomniac. I do not own a PS3, but I would be a little disappointed if they immediately announced these games for the 360.

Garnett said:

Forget about R&C. Compare it with Resistace. They are both FPSs.

Left 4 Dead sold much more copies then Resistance 2 only on XBOX360.

In PS2 era they managed to sold more then 2m copies of every game they made. Same goes for PS1 era. With PS3 the only game that break 2m is Resistance: FoM and we all know why.