By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Insomniac will remain with Sony.

Because C-G-I says so :P

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

They are making bank on ps3 games...why go invest in more labor cost and training to make games for xbox...kinda like Valve...OOOOHHH...like you'll didn't see that coming!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

KylieDog said:
Their big IPs are R+C and Resistance. Would be stupid trying to sell Resistance to the 360 crowd since a lot more shooter competition there, trying to bring R+C multiplat would probably just anger some PS3 owners and proably wouldn't do much for sales.

Exactly my thoughts , Insomniac Games sell well on the PS3 (mainly resistance series) because at the time they were the only big Shooter exclusives on the platform, plus there are tons of people that hype and buy the exclusive titles. Going multiplat does not always mean increasing sales

CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:
They are making bank on ps3 games...why go invest in more labor cost and training to make games for xbox...kinda like Valve...OOOOHHH...like you'll didn't see that coming!

No, and nobody wants to see it go further.

CGI, you're my FAVORITE PS3 fan!  I swear, and like Drake says, you're the fucking best!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Because they are a loyal smart game company.

Around the Network

There lazy,they just dont wanna use the real power of Xbox live.. Value owns them. L4D2 > R&C

Thats what i would sound like if i acted like a fanboy but im not.

I loved R2 one of the best games on the PS3 atm.

Great company but not quite as good as Naughty Dog

I love Ratchet, but I'm not interested in Resistance.

I reckon Insomniac's new studio is working on a game for the motion controls releasing in spring 2010. They have apparently been working on a game called Lock and Key. Could be that Silent Hill style game in the latest motion control dev diary.

tombi123 said:

I reckon Insomniac's new studio is working on a game for the motion controls releasing in spring 2010. They have apparently been working on a game called Lock and Key. Could be that Silent Hill style game in the latest motion control dev diary.

Wow!

I wonder when that game will release?

silicon said:
tombi123 said:

Wow!

I wonder when that game will release?

Its only a rumour with no word from Insomniac or Sony at the moment.

I disagree with the 5th paragraph that they should have gone with Nintendo. I'm sure ratchet and Clank would have done well on Wii, maybe even better than on PS3...but It's pretty clear FPS don't sell as well on the Wii. And Resistance 1 and 2 have sold a heck of a lot on the PS3.