By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA buys out bioware and pandemic.....

Damn you ea, why do you have to go and buy these studios and premptivly lower the quality of mass effect and mercinaries 2

I kidd, but really will someone else not buy up studios making good games, Lucas arts published a few of pandimics other titles, why did they not buy them... or even continue publishing the  mercinaries series

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Oh for god's sake...

MontanaHatchet said:
Oh for god's sake...

There, there, Montana ... he knows not what he does.

Where's my new repeat thread gif when ya need it ...

Mass Effect is pretty much done so it won't affect that game (plus it's being published by MGS).  What will be interesting to see though is who will publish Mass Effect 2 and 3 and how this deal will affect them.

as i said we can only hope they dont mess it up by using ea servers and not ms ones, otherwise in say a year or two givin eas live history they will close the servers

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

I sure hope this is a sign of EA recommitting itself to quality. I really do. I really, really do. Cause if they lower Bioware/Pandemic games to regular EA standards.... someone will have to pay....

im not too worried, they usually leave studios like this alone. Like maxis...

well actually they probobly force maxis to put out all of those crappy sims 2 expansions.

let's hope they don't do what they did to westwood, one of my favorite developers...

eeeeeek!

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I suppose governments need to start getting involved now. This is not good for the industry. Competition is hurt when Electronic Arts buys twenty developers a year. I suppose I should write my congressman I am getting damn sick of seeing articles like this. Enough is enough they can't compete so they just buy.

You know, I was just thinking of making 4 threads about this myself...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Hopefully EA learned their lessons from what happened after they bought Westwood Studios and Origin Systems and won't be too controlling of Bioware.