By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 a Sales flop?

MontanaHatchet said:

2 people said it, so you know expectations are that high!

...its different if micheal patcher said it.

but when you have the president of the company who is making it 

and the president of the biggest game centric retailer saying it.... well thats a different story..

hello how are you.

Around the Network

I actually don't like how Activision has been this past year... I will try to get the game used. I'd rather support Gamestop than Activision -_-.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Uh no, I don't see this game flopping anytime soon. It will more than likely exceed its predecessor title and generate new fans as the months progress.

Paperdiego said:
MontanaHatchet said:

2 people said it, so you know expectations are that high!

...its different if micheal patcher said it.

but when you have the president of the company who is making it 

and the president of the biggest game centric retailer saying it.... well thats a different story..

Michael Pachter has been wrong on many, many occasions. The president of Activision isn't exactly an unbiased source on this either. And the president of Gamestop (I assume that's the retailer you're talking about) is likely in great favor of the game. It will sell big at Gamestop, and make the company tons of money. Again, a biased source.

It has sold 1m in pre-orders already hasn't it. That number will go up massively by the time it is released, it could sell like 3m day 1 people are so excited about this game. It is going to be huge, and this time, it will have more post-launch support with more map packs, at least 2.

Around the Network

it will sell huge but compare to those game not.

and it still will be much worse than Operation Flashpoint in war games aspects and even some of the arcade shooter similar to Modern Warfare 2 - unfortunately sales don't equal quality, just like MW1 that was sooooo overrated.

Well, I think it'll sell along most people's expectations. But the ones you cite, who think it'll become the best-selling game ever, will be disappointed.

In defense of the GameStop person:
Gamestop started forming in 1994. Since then it has grown a lot. If you look at the Americas numbers for bestselling games, you'll find that there has only been a couple of really huge games since then (Wii Fit and Wii Play).

It is also entirely possible that people choose different outlets for Wii Fit and Wii Play than GameStop. Thus it seems likely that for them, this will indeed be the biggest game of all time.

This is invisible text!

I just don't understand the appeal in COD