By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 a Sales flop?

KylieDog said:
I don't think it'll outsell MW1.

You're not alone in your prediction.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

@ioi

but how!

Well the 360 version already has more than 650k pre-orders, MW 1 only had 750k first week

@munkeh111

so what?

Its a brand now sow ill initially have huge sales, but the legs will be bad compared to MW1

Why? WaW had good legs as well, but worse than MW 1 because it was not as good. Though many people have not moved from MW 1 to WaW, nearly everyone on the old CoDs will move on, of course not everyone from WaW will move on, but don't expect it to see it on the top 4 on Live next year. MW 1 is still selling, and everyone who got that game is going to move to MW 2, why wouldn't they?

Around the Network
ioi said:
It will easily outsell MW1 - trust me!

I've learned never to trust someone who says "Trust me"

Trust me on that one.

Edit Double Post

Keep in mind that Call of Duty 4 came out in 2007 which had probably the most crowded holiday line-up ever. There will be no such competition this year as a lot of big titles have been pushed to Q1-Q2 2010

Sales flop if you genuinely believe it'll be the best selling game this gen/ever.

Otherwise, no.

I don't see a reason why it should sell for a bigger audience than COD4.