By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 a Sales flop?

Of course this game is going to do vary well

but am i alone in thinking that this game is going to flop compared to everyones expectations??

you have gamestop president saying it could potentially be the best selling game ever!!

Activision said the same thing among others

so beating out games like nintendogs? pokemon? GTA san andreas?

Wii fit?, wii sports? resort?

and these are all games from yester year..

what about games from this year...

Its hard to fathom MW2 beating out the likes oF Wii Fit Plus or even NSMBWii..

what are your thoughts?

hello how are you.

Around the Network

No look at those preorder numbers. This will hit 15 million Life time and have a huge launch.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
No look at those preorder numbers. This will hit 15 million Life time and have a huge launch.

i am not sure if you are disagreeing with me or you share my thoughts..

15 million is a lot of sales and i am with you in thinking that that is reachable for this title

but that is still millions away from being the "best selling game" even if you dont count games like mario bros or wii sports..

wii fit, nintendogs, brain age, pokemon red and blue, San andreas are all 20 million plus in sales... i highly doubt this game will get close to that.

hello how are you.

It won't join the 20 million and up club that's for sure.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

tbh, I don't think it has the shelf life. Activision will probably cut sales short by releasing the next CoD game next year.

Around the Network
Tayne said:
It won't join the 20 million and up club that's for sure.

You have to be a member of Nintendo to join that club.

ioi said:
Combined the game can do 15 million. It is never going to be the best selling game ever (depending on how you define that) but it will be the biggest non-Nintendo game of this generation, which makes it pretty huge

What about Modern Warfare 3?

Mind you, that'll be coming in 2011, when this generation has started dieing down - but it could mean we see the game on two generations worth of platforms (like early games this generation).

It's a shooter on a freaking console. How can these games be successful? I will never get it.

2 people said it, so you know expectations are that high!

Achieving 20 millions without becoming a bundle... sure.

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler