By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Garamond said:
Kasz216 said:
sguy78 said:
spdk1 said:
I agree it was really depressing to watch the "best of Starrcade" DVD because Curt Hennig, Hawk, Guerrero, Benoit, etc....all dead

And that's not even close to all of them. If I don't hear about some of these guys, sometimes I wonder if they kicked it, and I just missed it on the news cycle. Jake "The Snake" Roberts immediately comes to mind with his past cocaine issues.

Yeah, that's another big reason the only wrestling i like now is videogame wrestling... even if they got back to the glory days i'm not sure i could do it.

It's kinda like MMA.  It's cool, i like reading about it and the breakdowns.  I'd never actually watch it.

Basically I've been doing the same thing - for the past seven or so years I've just been reading a couple spoilers a month to check up what's happening. I think in that time I've watched a total of three or four shows.

And I don't even buy the games anymore.

I use Firepro wrestling as my main game now.

I stopped buying the Raw games the year they ressurected ECW... because it pissed me off that I could go practically an entire match kicking someones ass... but in the end scene they made it look like I got my ass kicked.

I mean... there is no excuse for not having branching  paths... I mean it's wrestling!  Want soemone injured after a match they win?  Have someone hit the guy with a steel chair or something!

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Garamond said:
Kasz216 said:
sguy78 said:
spdk1 said:
I agree it was really depressing to watch the "best of Starrcade" DVD because Curt Hennig, Hawk, Guerrero, Benoit, etc....all dead

And that's not even close to all of them. If I don't hear about some of these guys, sometimes I wonder if they kicked it, and I just missed it on the news cycle. Jake "The Snake" Roberts immediately comes to mind with his past cocaine issues.

Yeah, that's another big reason the only wrestling i like now is videogame wrestling... even if they got back to the glory days i'm not sure i could do it.

It's kinda like MMA.  It's cool, i like reading about it and the breakdowns.  I'd never actually watch it.

Basically I've been doing the same thing - for the past seven or so years I've just been reading a couple spoilers a month to check up what's happening. I think in that time I've watched a total of three or four shows.

I stopped buying the Raw games the year they ressurected ECW... because it pissed me off that I could go practically an entire match kicking someones ass... but in the end scene they made it look like I got my ass kicked.

I mean... there is no excuse for not having branching  paths... I mean it's wrestling!  Want soemone injured after a match they win?  Have someone hit the guy with a steel chair or something!

WWF No Mercy had branching paths within the story mode.There were even matches where if you used a weapn, next "week's" matchwould have different stipulations.

Somehow, the further we go ahead, the farther we step back.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Kasz216 said:
Garamond said:
Kasz216 said:
sguy78 said:
spdk1 said:

WWF No Mercy had branching paths within the story mode.There were even matches where if you used a weapn, next "week's" matchwould have different stipulations.

Somehow, the further we go ahead, the farther we step back.

I think it's the HD modeling.  Everything took a big step back in content once the 360 hit.  Or it felt like it anyway.

My favorite was I think one of the Smackdowns where the stories were more "generic" and there were a wider range of villians and factions and such.

So Smackdown is gonna be celebrating there 10th annniversary soon. Its just sad that the guy who revolutionized the word and made the show popular is not gonna be there to celebrate.
If you don't know who that is just look at my sig. Its says it all.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Just watched Friday's episode of Smackdown. Awesome match between Rey and John Morrison! With a Tag Team Championship, an ECW title run, and now, the Intercontinental Championship, Morrison is only one title away from being a "Grand Slam Champion". I think there's only been 7 or 8 of them in WWF/WWE history!

Around the Network

Since I now have a DVR I was able to catch smackdown finally, and I LOve what they are doing with C.M. Punk. Its pretty much his arrogant R.O.H. gimmick, just more over the top. and the expression on those Hardy fans faces was priceless:

I was peeing myself laughing, Punk is so hated right now its not even funny....he has N.W.O Hogan style heat.

Yellow shirt kid is my hero now, standing tall for the cause :D

^^^Those are hilarious. That little kid's facial expression......LOL

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00430BE29D8792?artistid=858575&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=105

Apparently WWE is planning to replace Armageddon with an all-TLC PPV.

Way to kill one of your biggest gimmick matches. The only way this would somehow work is that WWE doesn't have anything related to TLC matches for the rest of the year, and even then the event would be horribly overbooked.

Hopefully this little flash of stupidity won't last.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00430BE29D8792?artistid=858575&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=105

Apparently WWE is planning to replace Armageddon with an all-TLC PPV.

Way to kill one of your biggest gimmick matches. The only way this would somehow work is that WWE doesn't have anything related to TLC matches for the rest of the year, and even then the event would be horribly overbooked.

Hopefully this little flash of stupidity won't last.

Why are they changing the names of all the Pay-Per-Views now all of a sudden?