By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

here's my look at wrestling this week:

Raw: I was only bale to watch about 20 mins of this before I died a bit on the inside, I seriously HATE the guest host idea, especially when they get folks like BOb Barker. I am recording A.M. Raw tonight to see if it is any better, but I am prepared for the worst.

ECW: Solid ECW this week, thank god there was no abraham washington show. Highlight for me was Burchill vs. Hurricane, I've always been a fan of Hurricane. Burchill botched a few moved seemingly though.

TNA: one of the best Impacts, man the quality has gone up since jarrett left. only bad spot is all of the time devoted to Cody deaner. I like Deaner as a joke character, but they are making me worried that he will win the K.O. belt. I didn't like how the episode started in the middle of a brawl unless that was a goof up by my cable company. hope next weeks ratings go back up as NFL killed impact's rating this week (10 million watched the NBC NFL game). Raw could be in trouble soon as monday night football is around the corner.

Smackdown: Still loving what they are doing with C.M. Punk, his promo cracked me up (you fans believe this guy has super powers...), but not sure about Undertakers Promo, it was a dark heel promo, but everyone cheered...LOL The Divas match wasn't too great and Layla is still a terrible actress, that backstage segemnt was almost unbearable. Main event was okay, but wanted something other than the same ME from last week

Around the Network

Hardy was arrested for possession of drugs.

lol what a loser.

So in other news, Jeff Hardy could face 3-14 years in prison if convicted of possesion of drugs. Its gets worse, WWE will probably never resign him again. In my opinion, I think he saw this coming in some way. It probably explains why he decided to take time off. If he extended his contract and this happened, he would've of been fired by now. The thing that makes this worse is it makes it difficult for the WWE to hire him again due to his image towards the family friendly product.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

ouch!

It's a shame. Jeff like Matt had a strange ability to always be big with the fans even without any sort of push.

Just another sign though that wrestling in general is kinda messed up.

As much as people don't want it... they should really cut back on events... and go to an NFL like schedule... and not have proffesional wrestling 12 months out of the year.

That and they need to equalize pay more... some people are making millions and others could be making less then the night manager at dairy queen.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

It's a shame. Jeff like Matt had a strange ability to always be big with the fans even without any sort of push.

Just another sign though that wrestling in general is kinda messed up.

Agreed. Hell, I read Bret Hart's book a while back, and if his stories are anywhere close to truth - and I personally believe they are - wrestling is a really fucked up business in general.

As much as people don't want it... they should really cut back on events... and go to an NFL like schedule... and not have proffesional wrestling 12 months out of the year.

I don't think that's going to happen, at least not in the WWE. Everyone involved likes the money way too much.

At least not until Vince has 60% or more of his roster out of action at once due to injuries or his wellness policy.

That and they need to equalize pay more... some people are making millions and others could be making less then the night manager at dairy queen.

Since every wrestler employed by the bigger US companies works as an independent contractor (IIRC), and wrestling business in general is just a constant battle for the top spots, it's essentially impossible to have any sort of wage equality between workers.

Unless one'd try to organize an union or something similar to push the rights of the wrestlers, which is not going to happen - a union would have to have the biggest names of the business backing it up (ie. Cena, Orton, Angle), and I don't think they're willing to sacrifice their spot for the sake of nameless jobbers - and Vince McMahon is known to be viciously against unions, or any other similar pro-wrestler organisations.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Xxain said:
The Tag Team Division fails nowadays...they need wayyyy more Tag Teams not just 2....remember the 24/7 hardcore championship defense those were hilarious

LMAO yea anytime anywhere as long as u had a referre that shit was crazy they should bring it back but it probably wont be as good though

why is Charlie Haas the new jamie noble?

^^

him and r truth

Batista was on Smackdown and the show instantly lost some cred, to me. He needs to leave the main event picture alone. The reason Smackdown is so good is because it has the talent and storylines and doesn't rely on big names. Undertaker needs a smaller roll, too.