By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

^^^^Maybe they'll have one table match, one ladder match, and one chairs match. Finish up with two TLC matches, and viola!

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

Why are they changing the names of all the Pay-Per-Views now all of a sudden?

Hell if I know.

I guess they're changing them just because - I can understand why they got rid of Great American Bash (WCW influence), and Breaking Point isn't that bad of a name, but honestly - naming one of their PPV:s Bragging Rights?

@d21lewis:

That's one hell of a short show that would still feel awfully long, and overbooked.

Still better than seven TLC matches in a row, though. :p

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
SaviorX said:

Why are they changing the names of all the Pay-Per-Views now all of a sudden?

Hell if I know.

I guess they're changing them just because - I can understand why they got rid of Great American Bash (WCW influence), and Breaking Point isn't that bad of a name, but honestly - naming one of their PPV:s Bragging Rights?

@d21lewis:

That's one hell of a short show that would still feel awfully long, and overbooked.

Still better than seven TLC matches in a row, though. :p

It's funny, the new gimmick ppvs feel very TNA. Like that all cage match ppv they hold every year.

However, the WWE ppv won't have ALL TLC matches. Just the main events. Same thing goes for breaking point. Just the 2-3 main events will be submission matches. 

Update on the pro wrestling guerilla event I attended. It was a sell-out, or close to it. I'd say 400-500 people. Not a whole lot of story telling across the board but some nice exhibition wrestling with some great innovation. The kind of stuff you'd hope to see from the young TNA crop if their matches went 20, 30, 40 minutes. 

The high points where 2 of the 3 main events. El Generico vs. Shingo Takagi was the match of the night IMO. Great in ring action with the best in ring story. It's hard to tell who's to blame, but the finish was botched (the bell rang on what turned out to be a near fall). Also strong was the 6-man tag. The motor city machine guns tagged with cima to face brian kendrick and the young bucks. Kendrick, btw, was crazy over. 

There really wasn't a bad match on the card. That woman's match was solid if unremarkable and the main event (bryan danielson vs chris hero) left me wanting more. Hero delivered some nice shots but was ultra limited with his move set. Danielson was very over but didn't dazzle to the degree you might expect. He did win the match and the PWG title which was surprising. He dropped it right away of course, but it was a nice finish. Gave a heartfelt speech afterward. 

All and all, a nice way to spend 3.5 hours. 

They are changing the names to promote the family friendly product. They new names of pay per views are totally new ppvs. They have ended the Armageddon,No Mercy, Unforgiven ppvs. They were so popular. I think WWE just keep taking wrong directions after wrong directions.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

So Jeff Hardy got arrested, and has five *new* felonies for drug possession/intent to sell/ etc... now...

wow

Around the Network

btw, raw this week.... wasn't a fan. Bob Barker: fun at the beginning, tiresome by the end.

spdk1 said:
So Jeff Hardy got arrested, and has five *new* felonies for drug possession/intent to sell/ etc... now...

wow

Some people never learn..............

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Dammit, Jeff. The guy had all the tools to be amazing. He'd made it to the top of the mountain, and then this happens. I guess CM Punk was right. I still have to watch Monday's RAW and Friday's Smackdown. Was there any mention of Jeff's latest problems?

Jeffis just a dumbass. Period. He keeps screwing up.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

^^No mention on smackdown other than Punk calling him the "charismatic enabler" again. I think Mcmahon is pissed as they canceled a jeff hardy DVD project today apparently.