By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

It doesn't help that almost all of the Divas look alike, too. I never thought I'd say it, but too many hot girls with no personality is BORING! Trish looked nothing like Lita. Lita looked nothing like China. China looked nothing like Victoria. Victoria looked nothing like Gail Kim. Now, 2/3 of them look like Michelle McCool (even though she is F'n hot!).

Around the Network

I know!

I think thats why I like the TNA knockouts so much, as you have so many different styles and looks:

and that Hamada vs Daffney video I posted before....no two look like carbon copies of eachother....

then I look at Maryse, McCool, and Kelly Kelly (ugh on her name alone) and think that a stepford wives situation is going on in WWE

I approve of this thread.

Is it just me or is Smackdown now a much better show than Raw? It seems to have more medium sized wrestlers that can perform both high flying and power moves like Chris Jericho and C.M. Punk. These type of wrestlers are move enjoyable to me than the big lumbering brutes.

TNA is more interesting to me than WWE overall, but they need to start pushing some of their wrestlers that are under 40. If stars like Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles keep getting neglected, they will eventually make the switch to the WWE for more money. Basically the TNA seems to be making a similar mistake as WCW did by keeping well known vets in all of the main events. This gets them better ratings now, but will hurt them in the future. At least that's my two cents.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@ amp

I'm hopeful that Jarrett being off of creative is helping that, since he was forced to step down, all of the sudden we have AJ, Hernandez and Morgan in the Main Event scene....since sting is retiring this year, it is needed. Let's just hope they don't mess it up. I love TNA, but just like any wrestling company their product goes from being amazing to decent all the time, more consistency would be awesome....

Aside from Abraham Washington (Which I can't stand) I'm still digging ECW, hopefully it can create some new stars.

Breaking news folks: Rey Mysterio is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the Wellness program.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/869043

I went to the TNA show this past weekend; it was pretty good. There was a lot of interaction between the wrestlers and the fans. Beer Money vs. Booker & Scott was a blast. Booker T and Scott Steiner would get in the fans' face when we told them off. In another match, Kip James recognized us doing the DX sign, and he even did the 'suck it' sign at the end. He put on a good match. At the end of the show, a lot of wrestlers came to ringside and signed autographs and took pictures. Beer Money were charging like $20 or something. Not sure who else was charging. I manage to get Homicide's autograph.

Speaking of TNA, it kind of boggles my mind that Daniels didn't get pushed to the main event picture. He had a great comeback and defeated Kurt Angle. Now, he's back in the X-Division. Oh well, at least he's going to face Samoa Joe which will most likely be a great match.

Around the Network

@ spdk 1 Let's hope that you're right. I like the Main Event Mafia and all but that entire angle seems just like the failed Billionaires Club vs. New Blood angle. TNA needs to give bigger pushes to their younger mid card wrestlers.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RAW was actually good today. That match between Mickie james and beth phoenix was probably the best women's match i've seen in awhile. There were no botch spots and I think it actually lasted longer than 4 minutes. I didn't see the RKO on Dusty Rhodes coming. I see a face turn from Cody Rhodes.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I didn't realize this new thread existed cause no one linked the old thread!!! haha.

Anyway, raw was pretty good (as said by snake612). jericho vs MVP and the 4 way for the US title being the standouts. I look for the miz to take the title within the next two months. He is just leaps and bounds better then he was a couple years back when he was just starting out. The DX smark promos were fun.

However, the diva battle royal and hornswaggle matches hurt my eyes. Mickie vs Beth may have been above average, but it was tough to get into after the awful first diva match. To be honest, I think the WWE should axe the female wrestler division completely and keep them around as valets or managers. It won't happen of course, but I'd rather see no women's division then one that's treated like shit where half the girls shouldn't be aloud near a ring.

In other news, I'm hoping to see the american dragon wrestle out here in cali on friday for pro wrestling guerrilla (here: http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/news/ ). Tickets are $20-25.

For an amazing ROH 4-way match (which danielson was apart of), go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCHNi6vRrU

Raw was awesome this week... And about the Women's/Divas' Division, it's really just Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, and a bunch of interchangeable (and disposable) bimbos; as much as WWE, inc. likes to think that the fans would pay for sex appeal without any kind of substance from the women who exude said appeal, then they need to realize that we paid to watch people beat each other up, not for the aforementioned women to act like fucking whores...

And by the way, does anyone know how much Comcast Digital Cable customers will have to pay to see Breaking Point at home?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

@ tastyshovelware

what do you feel about danielson going to WWE?