By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Well, I doubt she meant to leave out Michelle McCool, I'm sure she has as much respect for her as the other women she mentioned, but she just forgot about as she was cutting her promo. 
And she's absolutely right about the other thing she said, that butterfly title WAS stupid.
Also, I think it might have something to do with fears of her still not being quite 100% healthy yet, plus there's the fact that Bayley beat Charlotte on RAW, which puts her in line for a title shot, so that may give them an excuse to hold off on the Sasha rematch for a while.

Around the Network

I agree, An absolute travesty. Wyatt had the potential to be the next great Monster Tweener fo the company with that amazing, enigmatc character that fans can admire and think is amazing, kind of like Undertaker, but alas. He's become nothing more than a glorified jobber.

Mick Foley: "The only wins and losses that Stephanie cares about is RAW's over SmackDown."
Me: So she must be super stressed out right now, I'm assuming.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/9/13/12907468/wwe-raw-ratings-sept-12-2016-viewers-down-big-nfl-monday-night-football-espn

Ouch. That ain't good.

You know, if someone had told me last year, or even the year before that, that Dean Ambrose would get the shit booed out of him by attacking John Cena in Philadelphia, the Smark capital of Pro Wrestling, I would have said you're out of your damn mind.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Owens Raw champion
Rusev US champion

AJ Styles Smackdown champion
The Miz Intercontinental champion

Nakamura NXT champion

Bray Wyatt is a jobber

We really are in the Twilight Zone.

I don't know.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I find all of the title holders better than Wyatt with the only possible exception being The Miz.  Yeah, Wyatt is good on the mic, but to be honest Luke Harper is a better wrestler than him.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
BasilZero said:
Owens Raw champion
Rusev US champion

AJ Styles Smackdown champion
The Miz Intercontinental champion

Nakamura NXT champion

Bray Wyatt is a jobber

We really are in the Twilight Zone.

I don't know.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I find all of the title holders better than Wyatt with the only possible exception being The Miz.  Yeah, Wyatt is good on the mic, but to be honest Luke Harper is a better wrestler than him.

He has lots of impact moves with very little wrestling involved. You never see a suplex, or a back body drop. You don't even see a move like a DDT. I like it. I think the only move he really has that isn't a strike is maybe his rock bottom and sister abigail. To me its a style that you'd see in a swamp.

But yeah. His biggest weapons are his entrance and his promos. Both are excellent when he wants to be.

BasilZero said:
amp316 said:

Technically with who is champion its hard to disagree with you on that lol

But the Wyatts got screwed long ago - Luke Harper I agree is a great wrestler - but the fact that he got the IC title before Wyatt himself got any title is a shame.

Also the Wyatts should have been tag champs long ago.

This. Absolute truth. Wyatts should have been tag champs but the Usos were making bank on their merchandise. Funny thing is that the Wyatt family really blew up during that short stint where they had Daniel Bryan in their ranks. There were sheep masks all over the place.

I also think that Jack Swagger should have got the US title at least once. He could have easily done what Rusev was doing before Rusev showed up. There were plenty of dropped balls in the WWE though.

I've been watching old Raw episodes from 1997, trying to build up to the Attitude Era and it's the greatest thing ever. Started in January and currently on March 31 episode.

Is nitro on the Network? I kind of want to fire up two episodes from the same night at the same time and run back and forth between TVs. It would be like reliving my youth!

d21lewis said:
I've been watching old Raw episodes from 1997, trying to build up to the Attitude Era and it's the greatest thing ever. Started in January and currently on March 31 episode.

Is nitro on the Network? I kind of want to fire up two episodes from the same night at the same time and run back and forth between TVs. It would be like reliving my youth!

Every Nitro episode is now on the Network.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger