By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Well I think that unless they find a way to make Roman popular again, they will muscle him out in favor of Bryan. There's no way they'll allow the Mania to be Heel/half Heel. The only thing I really don't like is that they are going to throw Rusev under the John Cena bus. That bus nearly destroyed Bray Wyatt's career. I don't want Cena to ruin Rusev's career next. Rusev doesn't have the skill set or personality to survive it.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Well I think that unless they find a way to make Roman popular again, they will muscle him out in favor of Bryan. There's no way they'll allow the Mania to be Heel/half Heel. The only thing I really don't like is that they are going to throw Rusev under the John Cena bus. That bus nearly destroyed Bray Wyatt's career. I don't want Cena to ruin Rusev's career next. Rusev doesn't have the skill set or personality to survive it.

Rusev will be dancing on Raw soon or be part of the rose buds.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
bunchanumbers said:

It took forever for poor Sandow to recover from the John Cena bus. And he had to struggle in mediocrity for a long time before he found a vehicle successful enough to come back. If Rusev is hit by the bus I don't think he could go that route. I really hope they don't destroy him to promote Cena for the Mania. It would be such a waste, but I think its coming.

bunchanumbers said:
SnakeDrake said:

It took forever for poor Sandow to recover from the John Cena bus. And he had to struggle in mediocrity for a long time before he found a vehicle successful enough to come back. If Rusev is hit by the bus I don't think he could go that route. I really hope they don't destroy him to promote Cena for the Mania. It would be such a waste, but I think its coming.

Funny part is that they never fully recovered from John Cena's vehicle manslaughter.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I'm not sure they're going to derail Rusev at Wrestlemania. They HAVE to know better than that. I can't even guess what kind of reaction they'd get on RAW the night after if Cena goes over clean. Probably "Rusev" chants and massive booing for Cena.

Still, obviously, Vince McMahon's top priority is to protect John Cena. Win, lose, or draw, Cena has to look like the real winner, which is the kiss of death for a monster heel. Even if Rusev walks away without taking a pin, he'll probably end up looking like a chump.

God damn it. I really hate to be a hater but damn if Cena doesn't ruin everything. He's why we can't have nice things.

Around the Network

I hope to hear lets go Russia chants at Mania XD

SnakeDrake said:
I hope to hear lets go Russia chants at Mania XD

^ this oh so much! I hope the crowd learns the russian national anthem and they sing it loud and proud at the mania.

NXT this week:

Why is Carmella getting a push? She doesn't seem nearly as good in the ring as the other recent NXT Divas.

Baron Corbin looks incredibly green. They're building him up to be a beast (and I LOVE that vest) but he needs a ton more experience. Props to Neville for bumping around the ring for him. Corbin looks a bit stiff, as well, but he handles his character well. Bull Dempsy, though? I'll be shocked if he ever goes beyond NXT.

If the WWE screws up Sasha Banks' call-up then they should all be beaten with cats. Like, the short-haired variety, too. She's awesome.

"Solomon Crowe" is getting a lot of hype but I can't help but wonder how he'll do in NXT.

I really like Tyler Breeze. He's great at his character, it should not be changed. His voice sounds like it should be on a cartoon, though.

The little girl in pink behind Finn Balor during his entrance made my night. She was marking out big-time while making a heart sign. Or was that a Diamond Cutter sign? Anyway, that was cute.

Really nice chain wrestling to start with from Itami and Balor. It's also really strange to not call these guys Kenta and Devitt but I'm trying to get used to it. "Better than RAW" chant.

Finn looks like a star already. I love how the crowd goes crazy when Itami teases the GTS. I hope he gets to use it eventually but I'm not sure they'll really let him. Very good match and I can't wait for NXT: Rival next week. Damn, though, that double stomp looks painful.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens NXT Rival Promo  --  Remember, this won Wrestling Observer Feud of the Year in 2010, though obviously under different names.

I really enjoyed lockdown. Jeff hardy took an insane bump. I loved how Havoc vs Kong was a big woman style match. Plus they had one of the best lethal lockdown they had in a while although they change it up a bit. Im cool with having the weapons a the beginning but how can it be a lethal lockdown without the roof.

SnakeDrake said:
I really enjoyed lockdown. Jeff hardy took an insane bump. I loved how Havoc vs Kong was a big woman style match. Plus they had one of the best lethal lockdown they had in a while although they change it up a bit. Im cool with having the weapons a the beginning but how can it be a lethal lockdown without the roof.

I didn't like how big the hole is for the camera. I mean I like that the camera can get in there and you can get a unobstructed view, but I about flipped when they dragged Matt Hardy through that same hole. MVP also tossed a chair through that hole. It doesn't need to be that big. Otherwise the Lockdown was pretty good. I couldn't believe Jeff fell off like that. I think he really was knocked out.