By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Finally saw all of NXT and I gotta say it was pretty awesome. I never saw that move that K.O. did. I had to freaking analyze it. Its like a pump handle power bomb into a irish curse back breaker only he landed it on the head/neck area. Its devastating, but I don't think it will translate well into the WWE. Plus only certain people will be able to take it. Either way I loved the Finn Balor match and the Womens Fatal 4 Way was spectacular. I am a Bailey fan.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
The young lions from NXT are ready. They should invade the main rooster for a few months, NWO style.

Who's that?  The Gobbledy Gooker or the Red Rooster?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Just watched Ishii vs. Honma for the NEVER Title at New Beginning.

Damn.

Honma is the most over guy in New Japan and he hasn't won a major televised match since 2009.  He misses his diving headbutt 90% of the time.  The audience, however, loves him to death, and with good reason.  He's not just an excellent wrestler, he's also an excellent entertainer, kind of like the wrestlers from the old days.  He subs in for Ibushi at last years G1 Climax and has so many great matches that a lot of people consider him the MVP of the tournament--even though he never won a single match.  

Now Makabe get the flu, NJPW strips him of the title, and brings in Honma to fight Ishii for the belt.  No offense to Makabe but the crowd couldn't be more delighted.

The guy just brings it.  He never gets pushed but he damn well brings it every match.

amp3. 16 said:
d21lewis said:
The young lions from NXT are ready. They should invade the main rooster for a few months, NWO style.

Who's that?  The Gobbledy Gooker or the Red Rooster?

Well, Gobbledy Gooker was a turkey so I obviously was speakng of the Red Roster...uh.  Fuck.  Swype on my tablet ALWAYS chooses the perfect word to make me look like an idiot!  You should see my Facebook posts.

And Samoa Joe is now gone from TNA :*( now TNA's trinity tree (AJ, Christopher Daniels and Joe) are all gone. Feels are a total roster change now. I dont see him or WWE signing him probably wants to go back to the indies or Japan.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
And Samoa Joe is now gone from TNA :*( now TNA's trinity tree (AJ, Christopher Daniels and Joe) are all gone. Feels are a total roster change now. I dont see him or WWE signing him probably wants to go back to the indies or Japan.

There was a 2-3 year period where I felt TNA was a must watch for me weekly due to how strongly and how well Samoa Joe was being booked. Then they did that stupid Main Event Mafia angle with him and eventually put a penis tattoo on his face only to be kidnapped by ninjas. This is long overdue xD

Wouldn't mind seeing him back in ROH, might actually give me a reason to check it out again :P

I always wished he'd end up in the WWE, especially when Punk was on top. Was hoping for a long Punk/Joe feud :'(

Also not sure if it's been shared here yet but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIkd_apfGU

DexInDaJungle said:
SnakeDrake said:

There was a 2-3 year period where I felt TNA was a must watch for me weekly due to how strongly and how well Samoa Joe was being booked. Then they did that stupid Main Event Mafia angle with him and eventually put a penis tattoo on his face only to be kidnapped by ninjas. This is long overdue xD

Wouldn't mind seeing him back in ROH, might actually give me a reason to check it out again :P

I always wished he'd end up in the WWE, especially when Punk was on top. Was hoping for a long Punk/Joe feud :'(

Also not sure if it's been shared here yet but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIkd_apfGU

I doubt WWE would've treated him better. Funny thing is that when Joe had that penis on his face he when into scott steiner room with a machete in his hand and came out with it all bloody up XD and the Ninja thing they never mentioned it again XD  

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
DexInDaJungle said:

I doubt WWE would've treated him better. Funny thing is that when Joe had that penis on his face he when into scott steiner room with a machete in his hand and came out with it all bloody up XD and the Ninja thing they never mentioned it again XD  

I feel like he may have gotten similar treatment to Umaga. Comes in as a strong heel monster for 3-6 months, gets fed to Cena :)

Samoa Joe needs to call up AJ Styles and get an interview with New Japan. It gives me chills to think of him in the ring with Ishii, Goto, or Nakamura. Could be fantastic for his career after being on ice with TNA for such a long period.

pokoko said:
Samoa Joe needs to call up AJ Styles and get an interview with New Japan. It gives me chills to think of him in the ring with Ishii, Goto, or Nakamura. Could be fantastic for his career after being on ice with TNA for such a long period.

I wonder if he can take those Japanese Strong Style though. He has really slowed down and i mean a lot this past year. He hasn't gone a full on 20 min in a long while and gets gass out fast and no disrespect i mean he was my number wrestler and probably the last monster with an awesome winning streak.