By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah poor Santino :(.

Around the Network

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Kane brought the Tombstone back to his move set

Man been catching up on the last couple of weeks Raw's and smackdowns, WWE security and censor guys need to be a bit more on the ball if they wanna keep it PG lol

Amazing...

And of course at Patricks day sheamus slipped in a very Dublin/Irish insult but I still don't think parents here would be too happy hearing their kid quoting this after his match with TitUS O'Neill

http://youtu.be/e0D8-C3t_iU?t=2m46s

Gotta say I'm loving Paul Heyman screaming promos of "his client Brock Lesnar...." I legit think Heyman is a god for his work in promo stuff now, really sells it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

Gotta say I'm loving Paul Heyman screaming promos of "his client Brock Lesnar...." I legit think Heyman is a god for his work in promo stuff now, really sells it.

You saying that made me think of this--

"- WWE’s website has a new article up ranking the 50 best talkers. The top 15 looks like this:

15. Arn Anderson

14. Superstar Billy Graham

13. Vince McMahon

12. John Cena

11. Jake Roberts

10. Chris Jericho

9. Hulk Hogan

8. Bobby Heenan

7. Mick Foley

6. Paul Heyman

5. Dusty Rhodes

4. Steve Austin

3. Roddy Piper

2. The Rock

1. Ric Flair

For those wondering, CM Punk was listed at 16."  

http://wrestling-edge.com/wwe-names-50-best-talkers-history-nfl-hires-wwes-executive-vp-digital-media/

I actually agree with #1-3 but I'd probably move Heyman up to #4.  Flair's promos with the NWA are--to me--the best the industry has ever seen.  Piper's promos made you think he really was dangerous-crazy.  Of course, the idea of Cena being on that list, much less ahead of CM Punk, is cute.  Nice to see Arn Anderson on there, as well.  He had you believing he really was a badass.

Around the Network

So the WWE Youtube posted this video.

pokoko said:
ganoncrotch said:

You saying that made me think of this--

"- WWE’s website has a new article up ranking the 50 best talkers. The top 15 looks like this:

15. Arn Anderson

14. Superstar Billy Graham

13. Vince McMahon

12. John Cena

11. Jake Roberts

10. Chris Jericho

9. Hulk Hogan

8. Bobby Heenan

7. Mick Foley

6. Paul Heyman

5. Dusty Rhodes

4. Steve Austin

3. Roddy Piper

2. The Rock

1. Ric Flair

For those wondering, CM Punk was listed at 16."  

http://wrestling-edge.com/wwe-names-50-best-talkers-history-nfl-hires-wwes-executive-vp-digital-media/

I actually agree with #1-3 but I'd probably move Heyman up to #4.  Flair's promos with the NWA are--to me--the best the industry has ever seen.  Piper's promos made you think he really was dangerous-crazy.  Of course, the idea of Cena being on that list, much less ahead of CM Punk, is cute.  Nice to see Arn Anderson on there, as well.  He had you believing he really was a badass.

Hah, the real story is number 50.  Big Poppa Pump!

Sid Justice must of been 51.

I'd agree with Flair...  A lot of Piper's stuff is cringeworthy now... and i'd say the same is true of the Rock, and people are just kinda or looking through near nostliga glasses.

I'd vault Heenan all the way up to 2 the guy got over pretty much EVERYBODY he worked with, at least temporarily, to make them look like a threat to Hogan.

Also criminally underrated?   Undertaker.  Sue he could sell everything without saying a word... but he was awesome on the mike when it came to making his goofy ass character come alive, even during the reality era, an era where such a gimic should of sucked.

Carl2291 said:

Videogame Ad?

That's just weird.. the whole wrong must be righted and curse thing makes it sound like it SHOULD be Sting vs Brock Lesnar, no?

Carl2291 said:

Videogame Ad?

That's just weird.. the whole wrong must be righted and curse thing makes it sound like it SHOULD be Sting vs Brock Lesnar, no?

I mean savior from the skys?  Undertaker hasn't been evil in a long time... and Lesnar certaitnly isn't a face.

Kasz216 said:

Videogame Ad?

I mean savior from the skys?  Undertaker hasn't been evil in a long time... and Lesnar certaitnly isn't a face.

The audio was from when Sting first became "The Crow" to fight the NWO, I'm pretty sure.  And yeah, I think it's from an upcoming video game.  Probably gonna center on dream matches.  I saw an Ultimate Warrior vs. Sheamus Dream Match thingy in Toys R' Us a couple of weeks ago.