By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

darkknightkryta said:
Areym said:
You guys know its fake, right?

I still have the link to the jpg copied so...

No need to be rude...

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

No. it's scripted. Plus they can actually hurt doing this.

Areym said:
darkknightkryta said:
Areym said:

I still have the link to the jpg copied so...

No need to be rude...

I know, I know.  It's okay, it's not your fault your a saiyan :P

gooch_destroyer said:
Areym said:

No. it's scripted. Plus they can actually hurt doing this.

pfft how can they get hurt doing this

pokoko said:
darkknightkryta said:
I don't think TNA is gonna survive past the year O_O. Ortiz and Jackson were pulled from Bound For Glory by Bellator. I keep reading Carter (Not Dixie) wants to sell. Talent cuts. How much longer do you think they have?

That's really, really hard to speculate on.  I've been hearing that rumor for years with the same lack of sources.

Not that it would matter all that much, as Spike probably wouldn't let their highest rated show disappear.  TNA should be doing pretty well for itself.  I know a lot of people compare it to the WWE but that's ridiculous.  If TNA isn't making money then there is a problem with the budget and with management.  If Carter wants to sell his stake, I'm sure someone would put together an investment group to buy it.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Jarrett buy majority ownership, as he already has a substantial stake as it stands now.

The BEST scenario would be for a telecommunications group to buy in.  That's the only want TNA or any other organization will ever come close to the WWE.  Television deals make or break wrestling promotions.

Hey if Jerry Lawler could make a profit all those years....

Really that's what they'd probably need to do, go old school.

Keep a few of your big names around and bring in some hot up and coming indy talent on 3 month contracts for a bit over the usual indy booking fee's and the bonuses of having a steady worksite and TV exposure.

Around the Network

thoughts on battleground? I didn't like it too much. but it felt like a better PPV than Night of Champions.

I didn't watch it :(

darkknightkryta said:
I didn't watch it :(

you didn't miss much.

It was terrible, terrible ending, terrible matches. Episodes of Raw and Smackdown are more entertaining.
Not all of it was bad, their were some decent moments but most matches where just boring.
Thank god I dont pay for pay per views because that just felt like a shit cash grab

Oh and Ziggler vs Sandow as pre show. Seriously better than half the matches, Ziggler needs a push again. He is more entertaining than most guys getting put in the spot light.