By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Serious_frusting said:
Raw was about as boring as it usually is to be honest. Just started watching WWE again from a few weeks ago, its a lot better than when i stoped watching it the other year, sometime in 2010 when jericho left

It was a bad audience.  If the audience is good, the show is that much better.  Personally, the debut of the Funkasaurus Brodus Clay was the highlight of the night for me!  I went through these stages:

1.  Fear:  What the fuck is this!  I'm frightened and confused.

2. Denial:  Aww, heeeeeell no.  This ain't the Brodus Clay I know!

3. Bargaining:  Okay.  If this horrible mess turns out halfway decent, I may like it.....

4.  Anger:  I can't believe I'm enjoying this.  STOP ENJOYING THIS!

5.  Acceptance:  You know, that was pretty awesome!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
amp316 said:
Serious_frusting said:
aha, Jericho is epic. from face to heel without even saying a word.

best return ever, i can just picture him next week just laughing at the fans saying how gullible they are.

His debut was refre3shing, he didnt follow the, go the the ring, get a mic, suck up to the crowed, say one last catchphrase, leave the ring with a big smile.

Yeah, I thought that his return was brilliant.   Here's a guy that left as one of the biggest heels in the company.  He comes back and plays to the crowd for ten minutes.  The crowd goes nuts.  He leaves without saying a word.  The crowd boos. 

He actually went form heel to face and back to heel in ten minutes without saying a word.

He's either going to do was Serious_frusting said or Jericho is going back to his WCW character where he was delusional and acted like everyone was cheering him when they were actually booing.  Either way works for me.  

Wow never knew there was a Wrestling thread here on VGC, is there a anime thread (saw a manga thread but not sure if its the same since I dont read manga that much).

Chris Jericho's storyline seems pretty interesting but it'll get stale eventually the more they use his character like that. But something tells me their gonna keep doing that to him and eventually get him to win the Royal Rumble (unless Orton makes a surprise comeback and wins it and we see Jericho with the title fighting him, which does make sense, since wasnt it Orton who injured him via their storyline?).

If Jericho wins the rumble, he deserves it, and to make it better, it would be awesome if they put him in a title match at WM28 against CM Punk, they would of had one hell of a storyline, but I think that wont happen at least for the title and the royal rumble win, because of the Cena/Rock match.

I'm thinking that the way that Jericho was acting this past Monday that he was coming out to announce that he was going to retire.  Of course I'm just speculating.  When he finally starts to give the speech, someone will start to say that he's a coward and such.  This will make Chris rethink his decision and turn into a feud leading up to Wrestlemania.  I know that he's not retiring because he's in too good a shape.  How's that?  Sound about right?  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
BasilZero said:
amp316 said:
Serious_frusting said:
aha, Jericho is epic. from face to heel without even saying a word.

best return ever, i can just picture him next week just laughing at the fans saying how gullible they are.

His debut was refre3shing, he didnt follow the, go the the ring, get a mic, suck up to the crowed, say one last catchphrase, leave the ring with a big smile.

Yeah, I thought that his return was brilliant.   Here's a guy that left as one of the biggest heels in the company.  He comes back and plays to the crowd for ten minutes.  The crowd goes nuts.  He leaves without saying a word.  The crowd boos. 

He actually went form heel to face and back to heel in ten minutes without saying a word.

He's either going to do was Serious_frusting said or Jericho is going back to his WCW character where he was delusional and acted like everyone was cheering him when they were actually booing.  Either way works for me.  

Wow never knew there was a Wrestling thread here on VGC, is there a anime thread (saw a manga thread but not sure if its the same since I dont read manga that much).

Chris Jericho's storyline seems pretty interesting but it'll get stale eventually the more they use his character like that. But something tells me their gonna keep doing that to him and eventually get him to win the Royal Rumble (unless Orton makes a surprise comeback and wins it and we see Jericho with the title fighting him, which does make sense, since wasnt it Orton who injured him via their storyline?).

If Jericho wins the rumble, he deserves it, and to make it better, it would be awesome if they put him in a title match at WM28 against CM Punk, they would of had one hell of a storyline, but I think that wont happen at least for the title and the royal rumble win, because of the Cena/Rock match.

I'm thinking that the way that Jericho was acting this past Monday that he was coming out to announce that he was going to retire.  Of course I'm just speculating.  When he finally starts to give the speech, someone will start to say that he's a coward and such.  This will make Chris rethink his decision and turn into a feud leading up to Wrestlemania.  I know that he's not retiring because he's in too good a shape.  How's that?  Sound about right?  

That's such a good idea and sounds so obvious in retrospect I don't know why I didn't think of it.

The only fly in the ointment though i'd say was how they hyped him up via the teaser promos.  The whole armageddon thing leading to just a retirement doesn't make much sense.

ohhhh yes, been to long since i checked this one out!

i must say Clay is a total different char then i saw him a year back i believe was a total monster back then.
will be fun if he starts fight some of the big guys, these past 3 matches were against whimps

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
ohhhh yes, been to long since i checked this one out!

i must say Clay is a total different char then i saw him a year back i believe was a total monster back then.
will be fun if he starts fight some of the big guys, these past 3 matches were against whimps

Yeah, I'm really finding the Brodus Clay character amusing myself.  Hopefully the give him a big push because the WWE needs more over the top personalities and less "just a guy guys" as Kasz calls them

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I don't know what the hell to make of Chris Jericho but I laughed my ass off when he got tagged on Monday Night Raw. Too funny!

I'm enjoying Daniel Bryan's slow transformation into a heel, too.

Not really feeling John Cena/Kane/Sack Ryder, though.

And finally, I'm hoping for a CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho angle. I like the CM vs. Johnny Ace thing that they have going so far but it will never be as epic as Austin vs McMahon. You just can't recreate stuff like that. It has to happen on its own. I'm a big CM Punk fan. I've been a fan since he was fighting Johnny Nitro/John Morrison for the championship on ECW. I just don't think he's a big enough name to headline Wrestlemania without an opponent of Jericho's quality. He's a big deal to real wrestling fans but not big enough to draw a crowd, yet.

d21lewis said:
I don't know what the hell to make of Chris Jericho but I laughed my ass off when he got tagged on Monday Night Raw. Too funny!

And finally, I'm hoping for a CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho angle. I like the CM vs. Johnny Ace thing that they have going so far but it will never be as epic as Austin vs McMahon. You just can't recreate stuff like that. It has to happen on its own. I'm a big CM Punk fan. I've been a fan since he was fighting Johnny Nitro/John Morrison for the championship on ECW. I just don't think he's a big enough name to headline Wrestlemania without an opponent of Jericho's quality. He's a big deal to real wrestling fans but not big enough to draw a crowd, yet.

Was this an intentional typo.  If so, then I'm laughing my ass off.  If not you better be more careful next time. 

The world as you know it is about to end!

The way things are building up, it seems Jericho is the favorite to be the Royal Rumble winner. I can't think of anyone who is high enough on the card who is currently cleared to wrestle other than Jericho. Wade Barrett is quite high up on the card yet and the only talent who had main event status was Sheamus, but with the current lineup of champions, I don't think hes a logical choice for winner.

“I want to live fully, very intensely. I would never want to live partially, suffering from illness or injury. If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs my life, I hope it happens in one instant.” - Ayrton Senna

amp316 said:
d21lewis said:

Was this an intentional typo.  If so, then I'm laughing my ass off.  If not you better be more careful next time. 

The world as you know it is about to end!

Now, would I do something like that?

Anyway, watching TNA Impact.  I've missed a few weeks of it and I have no interest in what's going on at all.   As usual, they have the talent but they just don't have "IT".  That O.D.B./Eric Young team-up was just painful to watch.  They had to use canned heat because the audience was dead!

The CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match was actually very, very good. I am glad that there was a DQ because I didn't want either to lose cleanly.

Predictably the Undertaker returns just before Wrestlemania to his part time job and predictably I don't care.