By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The WWE is nearly unwatchable. Every time I do watch it, Dolph Ziggler is involved in the best match and he loses.

The TNA is a little better since they are giving different guys a chance to be main eventers. They should have tried this a long time ago.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Ziggler is a good wrestler he just needs to ditch Vickie and move onto a better character. How many times have we seen a blonde cocky wrestler? Too many times.

I liked Dolph Ziggler in the beginning and then I started to hate him. Now, I like him again (and I am strangely infatuated with Vikki! What's wrong with me!?). He's doing something right.

On a different note, WWE '12 is an okay game but not everything I thought it would be. As much as it fixes from the previous WWE titles, it does wrong. One step forward and one step back.

Usually, when I'm off from work, I go to Twitter and post my thoughts about WWE Raw as it's going on. A lot of people I follow (and who follow me) do the same. It's actually kinda fun conversing with like minded individuals on something like that.

#RAW and #WWE if you have a Twitter account. Join the conversation!

Have you guys seen those itbegins2012 links that theyre showing on raw during the twitter updates?

Around the Network

What bugs me about Dolph Ziggler is that he's about 10 times more interesting and more fun on Zach Ryder's youtube show.

I always thought he sucked at promos, when in reality, it's just his promos suck... and he has plenty of personality if the WWE just let him use it.

Kasz216 said:
What bugs me about Dolph Ziggler is that he's about 10 times more interesting and more fun on Zach Ryder's youtube show.

I always thought he sucked at promos, when in reality, it's just his promos suck... and he has plenty of personality if the WWE just let him use it.

Typical WWE not using their tatlent correctly.  They should leave Vickie Gurrero to be the mouthpiece to wrestlers that really don't have any mike skills like Jack Swagger.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:

Typical WWE not using their tatlent correctly.  They should leave Vickie Gurrero to be the mouthpiece to wrestlers that really don't have any mike skills like Jack Swagger.

I kinda liked jack swagger during his somewhat goofy "All American, American" days.

Vickie is a great heat drawer, but i feel like she should do half the talking she does now.

Kinda like back in the old days of wrestling where a promo would go "Manager talks/then talent talks".

Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:

I kinda liked jack swagger during his somewhat goofy "All American, American" days.

Vickie is a great heat drawer, but i feel like she should do half the talking she does now.

Kinda like back in the old days of wrestling where a promo would go "Manager talks/then talent talks".

I agree that Swagger was better back then, but after Edge made that camment about his lisp, it was never the same.

I actuall think that one of the things that the WWE has gotten right is Vickie Guerrero.  She should manage the boring John Morrison.  :p  How much longer is that guy going to be with the company?

It depended on the wrestler.  Some of them would only say one line while Bobby Heenan or whoever talked for like a half an hour.  I actually think that guys like Heenan, Blassie, Mr. Fuji, etc. would work very well in today's PG era.  Many wrestlers are saying that the reason the show is boring is because of the rating, but that's a cop out.  The WWF was not boring at all in the 80's.  

I

amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:

I agree that Swagger was better back then, but after Edge made that camment about his lisp, it was never the same.

I actuall think that one of the things that the WWE has gotten right is Vickie Guerrero.  She should manage the boring John Morrison.  :p  How much longer is that guy going to be with the company?

It depended on the wrestler.  Some of them would only say one line while Bobby Heenan or whoever talked for like a half an hour.  I actually think that guys like Heenan, Blassie, Mr. Fuji, etc. would work very well in today's PG era.  Many wrestlers are saying that the reason the show is boring is because of the rating, but that's a cop out.  The WWF was not boring at all in the 80's.  

I

From what I hear, John Morrison isn't going to be with the company for much longer at all.

Honestly, my favorite wwe characters right now are the gimic characters.

Guys like Zack Ryder and Cody Rhodes....  I think it's just a matter of WWE not really having the same star power they used to have.

John Cena is ok, Orton... just isn't the same not playing a sociopath.  Punk was great... until they kinda made him like everyone else again.  He's still good, though muted a bit.

I think they need to rely more on gimics and managers like the 80's, and just make sure not to go overboard thinking everyone needs a gimic, and avoiding the wrestling dentists.

There just isn't enough room for everyone to be "just a guy" characters.

The Miz, who was someone I hated early on became someone I really enjoyed just by basically being the "Brainy smurf" of the WWE.