By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I didn't watch Hell in a Cell (or any PPV not called Wrestlemania) but I heard it was pretty good.  Smackdown was great before that PPV and Raw was pretty good (aside from Daniel Bryan getting squashed and LayCool actually being allowed to talk), too.

And NXT got bumped from SyFy, huh?  That's too bad.  I enjoyed watching those hot chicks roll around in the ring. 

Around the Network

I can't wait for Impact tonight. It's going to be live and it should be very interesting.

I know this is a little late, but RAW was lame.  The Cena being forced to be a Nexus member angle reminds me of when Rey Mysterio lost a match to Eddie Guerrero and was forced to be in the Latino World Order but worse. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Impact was great last night. Flair/Foley was insane, those two went all out. Micky James is on TNA now, nice to see her again. I guess Abyss' last match will be on Sunday,but, I'm guessing "They" will do something to make sure Abyss stays. RAW is looking like shit compare to Impact in the last few weeks imo.

Pope made a comment about "The walls coming down on Bischoff  at Bound for Glory" last night.  Hmm.  I wonder who could break the walls down.......

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Pope made a comment about "The walls coming down on Bischoff  at Bound for Glory" last night.  Hmm.  I wonder who could break the walls down.......

I can't see that possibly happening.  Even without an extension.

Ahhhhh, so many things to cover:

1. For anyone who hasn't bought the chris jericho dvd, get it. I got it 2 weeks ago and it's a great value. Only 2 real flaws. 1: No benoit. I totally get it, I have nothing against wwe choosing not to include any mention of him but it is a shame. 2: Some matches are only average but included for obvious reasons. Like Jericho beating Hardy for his 8th IC championship and his win over Austin to become the unified champ.

2. WWE highest flyers comes out tomorrow. Another 3 disk set that thankfully uses a large amount of wcw and other non wwe footage. There's a large number of talent covered. My only issue, out of the 27 listed matches, 12 take place 2000-2010. That alone is fine, but 9 of those are TV matches. Why am I watching Evan Bourne vs Zach Ryder from superstars when I should be watching Bourne vs Jericho from fatal four way? 

3. CM punk to Raw is happening. I would loooovvvveeeeee to see a punk/bryan feud for the US title.

4. TNA tricked me into watching impact yet again last week. And again I left mildly fulfilled. Still way too many promos, backstage interviews and just random junk. The Abyss/Dixie segment was as bad as the crap the wwe was pulling with it's guest hosts. And why does TNA always insist on being so "real." Stop calling guys by their real names and stop showing me footage of "guys away from the ring." The once thriving women's division is in shambles. And aside from Angle, I still don't know who the true month in and month out main eventers are in TNA.

Going further, the battle royal was horribly booked. The Foley/Flair match was strong all things considered but it was also a bit sad. Their in-ring limitations really shined through since they basically just skipped around from spot to spot.  

That actually turned into much more of a rant then I had planned. But for the last 2 years I'll come in on TNA in hopes that they'll hook me (cause with that roster, I really want them to) but they never do.

BoneArk said:

RAW was alright last night. Edge was talking to the RAW GM, the GM said, "if people knew who I really was it will change everything." I wonder when we'll find out who the GM is, its starting to get really annoying now.

Smackdown! was boring until Paul Bearer made his return in the end. WWE is really doing a great storyline w/ Kane & Undertaker imo.

The WWE writing team needs to know who the GM is before they can reveal it.

My guess is they were trying to get some big name to come back to do it, and were surprised when they said no.

BFG. The best matches were MCMG vs Gen me and The TNA world title match.

And the reveal of they. Cant wait till impact to see how it changes the landscape of the show

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

RAW was alright last night. CM Punk is now on RAW, I hope they use him well. I wonder how long this storyline w/ Cena & Nexus will last, its stupid how a rookie is telling a guy whose been in the WWE for almost 10 years what to do.

BTW: I went to TNA's website and found out who "they" are. Impact should be good this Thursday.