By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Lastly TNA:

I parred down my wrestling viewing a bit lately, so a lot less nxt and TNA for me. I haven't completely given up on TNA, but I've given them several chances over the last 18 months and I keep losing interest. One of the reasons for it was shown again (from what I understand) on the most recent ppv. They picked up Tommy Dreamer.... Tommy Dreamer. They have such an overcrowded roster to begin with and they think Tommy will add.... anything? They can't shell out extra bucks for kong or tara but tommy dreamer, at his age and condition, is worth the investment? No. He's no. I don't want WCW back. I don't want ECW back. I just want TNA. So Hall is gone and nash, waltman, dreamer, raven, and richards can go with him. And while they're at it, why not lose jordan, neal, fat ass tomko and anyone else who doesn't add anything to the product and give the real stars time to shine. I hate to see people lose jobs, but these aren't the kind of on-camera guys TNA needs right now. 

The big surprise:

Word is they may lose some if not more of their ppvs. The ppvs would be replaced by free specials on spike. If this is true, it's a good idea if you ask me.

Around the Network

Are we sure he's not being punished?

As expected, Sheamus is the new WWE Champion. Now expect Triple H to take it from him.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Kasz216 said:

who, danielson?

tastyshovelware said:

Once again with my like once every 2 weeks post. I always have to fit everything in.

Recent things I like in wwe:

The gatecrashers. I don't know, maybe it's cause the wwe tag division is so weak, but these guys work for me. Good chemistry. 

Layla. Holy crap, when did she learn how to wrestle?

wade barrett. I know people have been hating on the (non danielson) nxt roster, but barrett is legit. I like his work. 

Kaval (Low-Ki). His first match on nxt with alex riley was pretty darn good. Kaval beat Riley's ass raw. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3v9NVc2wI

Kaval should have won that match, It's bullshit when one wrestler outperforms the other one and loses. I'm starting to get annoyed how the small wrestlers are always losing to the bigger wrestlers.

Around the Network

^^

Well, with bourne beating jericho, rey winning the world title, and danielson's inevitable push when he returns, I think things are looking up for little guys.

tastyshovelware said:
Kasz216 said:

who, danielson?

Jerihico.  Didn't want to say his name till the day after. 

BoneArk said:
tastyshovelware said:

Once again with my like once every 2 weeks post. I always have to fit everything in.

Recent things I like in wwe:

The gatecrashers. I don't know, maybe it's cause the wwe tag division is so weak, but these guys work for me. Good chemistry. 

Layla. Holy crap, when did she learn how to wrestle?

wade barrett. I know people have been hating on the (non danielson) nxt roster, but barrett is legit. I like his work. 

Kaval (Low-Ki). His first match on nxt with alex riley was pretty darn good. Kaval beat Riley's ass raw. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3v9NVc2wI

Kaval should have won that match, It's bullshit when one wrestler outperforms the other one and loses. I'm starting to get annoyed how the small wrestlers are always losing to the bigger wrestlers.

That's been the formula... forever vs big vs small wrestlers.   Small wrestlers pull off a lot of fancy and awesome moves, and in the old days they'd work the legs like mad.   Then the big guys would finally catch up, pull off  a couple of power moves and it'd be all over.

You know, I had a revelation too... people think back to when the IC title REALLY meant something and almost was like a second world championship.   Now that I think about it, I think the IC champonship was like that because Hulk Hogan was pretty much always World champion.

It really WAS a second world Championship.   If Cena was more hogan like, Randy Orton would probably be IC champ right now.

Word on the street is that SpikeTV will be airing TNA Xplosion on Thursdays...before Impact. They're also going to air Reaction after Impact, so there will be four hours of TNA wrestling on Thursday. It's an overkill, imo. It's an odd choice that they're going to air the second wrestling show before Impact.

Either Jericho is truly getting punished or building up an angle with the NXT Season 1 Rookies ( AKA The Nexus ).

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"