By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Its a wonderful time being an xbox 360 gamer...

MontanaHatchet said:

A lot changed. A console that was previously distant from a mass market price is now much more affordable. And while you swear by Metacritic ratings, it still doesn't occur to you that most people don't care. If you said the 360 has a gaming library with an all around higher quality than that of the PS3, I would agree with you. But if you really need to brag about that in a thread just because of some obvious insecurities, I feel bad for you. Some people would rather play the main PS3 games over the main 360 games. A lot of people would rather play Gran Turismo than Forza. They might not care that the 360 has some really nice versions of The Orange Box, Rock Band, and Braid. This thread isn't putting anything in perspective. It is insecurity at its finest, and it's an embarrassment to 360 owners. Thanks for that.

Given the amount of PS3 love/360 hate threads lately, I think you are being a bit unfair.  Enjoying your console of choice and talking about that with people who are of like mind is a big draw on boards like these.

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you stand to gain for calling him out so harsly on his opinion.  You don't have to agree with him, but his opinion is nowhere NEAR the most inflammatory threads I've seen these last couple of days.

Around the Network

Ahhh i was never happy when I owned the 360,

I bought one, didn't work had to go back and change it for another one, then I went home and i came to the conlusion that i had to pay 79,99 €!!!!! if i wanted to have a wireless connection...

Then i started to play gears of war and i came to conclusion that i had to pay 60 € euro every year if i wanted to play online...probably because of that shock the controller fell on the floor and the battery pack was broke, the result of that was everytime i moved the controller the batteries cam out..

On that point i was so pissed of and brought the 360 back and waited for the ps3 to come out...

TRios_Zen said:
MontanaHatchet said:

A lot changed. A console that was previously distant from a mass market price is now much more affordable. And while you swear by Metacritic ratings, it still doesn't occur to you that most people don't care. If you said the 360 has a gaming library with an all around higher quality than that of the PS3, I would agree with you. But if you really need to brag about that in a thread just because of some obvious insecurities, I feel bad for you. Some people would rather play the main PS3 games over the main 360 games. A lot of people would rather play Gran Turismo than Forza. They might not care that the 360 has some really nice versions of The Orange Box, Rock Band, and Braid. This thread isn't putting anything in perspective. It is insecurity at its finest, and it's an embarrassment to 360 owners. Thanks for that.

Given the amount of PS3 love/360 hate threads lately, I think you are being a bit unfair.  Enjoying your console of choice and talking about that with people who are of like mind is a big draw on boards like these.

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you stand to gain for calling him out so harsly on his opinion.  You don't have to agree with him, but his opinion is nowhere NEAR the most inflammatory threads I've seen these last couple of days.

I agree, but that's not what he's doing at all. I'm not required to agree with him, and I don't. I don't care if this isn't as inflammatory as some other thread I haven't seen, it's still bad. And just because someone else makes a trolling/hateful thread, that doesn't mean another person should make a similar thread in response. That makes them just as bad.

That's right, 360 fanboys. You're lowering yourself to the level of PS3 fanboys. You can't criticize them now.

MontanaHatchet said:
TRios_Zen said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I agree, but that's not what he's doing at all. I'm not required to agree with him, and I don't. I don't care if this isn't as inflammatory as some other thread I haven't seen, it's still bad. And just because someone else makes a trolling/hateful thread, that doesn't mean another person should make a similar thread in response. That makes them just as bad.

That's right, 360 fanboys. You're lowering yourself to the level of PS3 fanboys. You can't criticize them now.

Im sorry but nowhere in my OP do i say "don't buy the PS3" nor do I slander the PS3 in a non factual way.

This is a 360 thread, in a 360 forum for 360 owners. There are so many threads in th last few days that are based on pure speculation on PS3 sales, slim features, doom and gloom... Not much speculation in this one. Its just a basic reality check for a 360 owner.

Think of it this way, Xbox had achievements...and then PS3 made trophies since they needed something similar. Well this forum was full with PS3 optimism for the last few days, and here is some 360 optimism.

disolitude said:
MontanaHatchet said:
TRios_Zen said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Im sorry but nowhere in my OP do i say "don't buy the PS3" nor do I slander the PS3 in a non factual way.

This is a 360 thread, in a 360 forum for 360 owners. There are so many threads in th last few days that are based on pure speculation on PS3 sales, slim features, doom and gloom... Not much speculation in this one. Its just a basic reality check for a 360 owner.

Think of it this way, Xbox had achievements...and then PS3 made trophies since they needed something similar. Well this forum was full with PS3 optimism for the last few days, and here is some 360 optimism.

Wow, and did I ever say that you said that? I'm all for console feel good threads. If you wanted to point out that the 360 is a great gaming machine with great media features and the best online on the market, I'd give you a great big high five. If you feel it necessary to make head to head comparisons with the PS3 on things like Metacritic scores (*yawn*) and sales, it's just a great big sign of insecurity. It's the same "defensive mode" that's been donned by PS3 fanboys before. And if this is in the 360 section, why mention the PS3? Why mention it at all? I'm sure there were a lot of stupid threads based around the slim release, but your thread is equally stupid by responding to them. You're basically admitting that you have no restraint, and that you allow fanboys to mess with you. If the forum was full of PS3 optimism threads with no 360 hate, I approve. If it wasn't, I don't. And I certainly don't approve of this thread.

Around the Network

And now it's a great time to BUY a 360 ELITE! Price cut is on it's way! :D

axumblade said:
disolitude said:
axumblade said:

I'm looking at Metacritic right now....

PS3 has 217 titles over 70
360 has 336 titles over 70

PS3 has 2 titles 90+ from 2009
360 has 1 titles 90+ from 2009

(90+ does not include those at 90 which are given the star. otherwise each would gain 1 90+ game. 360 would get GTA: Lost and the Damned and PS3 would get MLB: The Show 09)

PS3 has 24 titles 80+ from 2009
360 has 25 titles 80+ from 2009

PS3 has 34 titles 70+ from 2009
360 has 48 titles 70+ from 2009

Edit: Forgot my analysis

Sony are catching up with retail games that are ranked higher (Killzone 2, MLB: The Show 09, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, and Infamous all in the 80's against the sole console exclusive 360 game from 2009 to be in the 80's - Halo Wars). What seems to be killing Sony on metacritic are exclusive DLC (Fallout 3 and GTA) and XBLA games.

I was counting games from 70-79. Then games from 80-89 for my 80s group. I think you counted all games taht are 70+ when getting that number.

But interesting analysis indeed. Year end totals will be interesting.

That's not right. The 360 games you added up go to 334 when as of yesterday it was at 336. And the PS3 games would have totaled 228 but it's only 218. Of course then again, the numbers do constantly change but a total of 10 games couldn't have dropped on the PS3 list in 1 day unless PSM or something like that gave a lot of games low scores.

I re-did the math on the stuff and I was wrong  for 70-79 games.

70-79 for X360 - 193 (not 175)

Rest are correct.

PS3 total is 228 in my math. (113+103+12)

Today they are up to 231...so they probably added 3 games.

MontanaHatchet said:

And I certainly don't approve of this thread.

Why are you still here then upsetting 360 owners in a 360 titled thread? wouldn't that be classed as flaming and/or trolling?

360 has the best gaming library, and the games just keep on comin :)

Uhh sure... It's always a good time for console owners when their console has games to look forward to. :P