By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Its a wonderful time being an xbox 360 gamer...

It's a great time to be a gamer, just like all the other times a thread were made declaring that "it's a good time to be *insert 'x' console* owner".

Around the Network

I cant wait for Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake and Final Fantasy XIII, other games interest me less

Why it has to be PS3 VS X360?

yo_john117 said:

Yes the future looks incredibly good for the 360!

This right here really surprised me.  I was under the impression that the PS3 was almost caught up to the 360 with the amount of good games.

360                                                VS                                              PS3

90+ games  - 21                                                                         90+ games  - 12

80+ games - 138                                                                        80+ games - 103

70+ games - 175                                                                        70+ games - 113

in terms of AAAexclusives it has unless you put the same weight for arcade games with retail games.

MS-halo 3, forza 2, gears of war 2 vs PS3-killzone 2, LBP, MGS4, MLB 09.

the 21 is inflated because of the higher scoring multiplats, arcade games, and 360/PC multiplats which are multiplats because i dont have a 360 but i can play them on my pc. not saying its not a wonderful time to be a 360 owner but your list makes it seem like its game library is that much better than ps3's.

AAAE-ps3 4 vs 360 3.  ps3-kz2,mgs4,lbp,mlb09               360-halo 3, forza 2, geow2 

AAE-ps3 10 or 11 vs 360 10

ps3-r&c, demon's soul, uncharted, resistance 2, valkyria chronicles, resistance, infamous, motorstorm, motorstorm pr, singstar, gt5 prologue(debateable since it downloadable)

360- l4d, fable 2, dead rising, crackdown, viva pinata, viva pinata tip, halo wars, pdz, ace combat 6, banjo

im sure i missed some but i dont really know 360 titles too well so dont know which ones are exclusive or they're too old for me and were released 2006-2007(only got into current gen a little over half a year ago). either way, far from the lopsided victory you gave to the 360 in gaming libraries.

axumblade said:

I'm looking at Metacritic right now....

PS3 has 217 titles over 70
360 has 336 titles over 70

PS3 has 2 titles 90+ from 2009
360 has 1 titles 90+ from 2009

(90+ does not include those at 90 which are given the star. otherwise each would gain 1 90+ game. 360 would get GTA: Lost and the Damned and PS3 would get MLB: The Show 09)

PS3 has 24 titles 80+ from 2009
360 has 25 titles 80+ from 2009

PS3 has 34 titles 70+ from 2009
360 has 48 titles 70+ from 2009

Edit: Forgot my analysis

Sony are catching up with retail games that are ranked higher (Killzone 2, MLB: The Show 09, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, and Infamous all in the 80's against the sole console exclusive 360 game from 2009 to be in the 80's - Halo Wars). What seems to be killing Sony on metacritic are exclusive DLC (Fallout 3 and GTA) and XBLA games.

Except that they seem to be timed exclusive DLC releases, what with the lost and the damned on its way for the PS3 as well as all the Fallout 3 DLC. As for " a great time to a 360 owner" i would say its a better time to be a console owner, with Sony catching MS on every level it should push games and dev for both consoles harder and that can only be good for one group of people, gamers.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

@ TC

You don't strike me as the kinda guy who cares for damage control but maybe my perception was wrong.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

There is nothing wonderful about being a 360 owner.
The only thing I feel right now, is a gaming desperation. How am I gonna play all these games. This is getting sick :(

axumblade said:

I'm looking at Metacritic right now....

PS3 has 217 titles over 70
360 has 336 titles over 70

PS3 has 2 titles 90+ from 2009
360 has 1 titles 90+ from 2009

(90+ does not include those at 90 which are given the star. otherwise each would gain 1 90+ game. 360 would get GTA: Lost and the Damned and PS3 would get MLB: The Show 09)

PS3 has 24 titles 80+ from 2009
360 has 25 titles 80+ from 2009

PS3 has 34 titles 70+ from 2009
360 has 48 titles 70+ from 2009

Edit: Forgot my analysis

Sony are catching up with retail games that are ranked higher (Killzone 2, MLB: The Show 09, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, and Infamous all in the 80's against the sole console exclusive 360 game from 2009 to be in the 80's - Halo Wars). What seems to be killing Sony on metacritic are exclusive DLC (Fallout 3 and GTA) and XBLA games.

I was counting games from 70-79. Then games from 80-89 for my 80s group. I think you counted all games taht are 70+ when getting that number.

But interesting analysis indeed. Year end totals will be interesting.

disolitude said:
MontanaHatchet said:
disolitude said:
MontanaHatchet said:
It's great to be an owner of any console. How insecure are you about the 360 that you need to make a thread to assure yourself and others that the 360 is still DA BEST CONSUHL EVAH?

Whoa there Jimmy. First of all my post is well worded and articulated...not "DA BEST CONSHUL EVAH"

Secondly there were quite a few xbox360 owners that went nuts in the last couple of days, predicting doom and gloom. This thread is for them. I honestly didnt see the other 4 threads like this...

So when you were trying to show how the 360 is a great console, was it really necessary to bring in Metacritic scores and compare games on the 360 and PS3? Sounds like major insecurity to me. Make a thread showing how great the 360 is, I'll be right there agreeing with you. When you make it into a pissing fest with other consoles, it just becomes a trolling thread.

Well that was necessary to show that nothing really changed with the PS3 slim announcement. Users can get ps3 for a 100 dollars cheaper but the gaming library is still dominant on the 360. Metacritic is the just the proof I used for this.

With all the insane threads that have been going on for the last few days, im surprised that you'd be so hostile towards one that simply puts things in perspective for an xbox owner. I mean, a console that was way to expensive to begin with got a price cut. Well done Sony! Move of the generation!

A lot changed. A console that was previously distant from a mass market price is now much more affordable. And while you swear by Metacritic ratings, it still doesn't occur to you that most people don't care. If you said the 360 has a gaming library with an all around higher quality than that of the PS3, I would agree with you. But if you really need to brag about that in a thread just because of some obvious insecurities, I feel bad for you. Some people would rather play the main PS3 games over the main 360 games. A lot of people would rather play Gran Turismo than Forza. They might not care that the 360 has some really nice versions of The Orange Box, Rock Band, and Braid. This thread isn't putting anything in perspective. It is insecurity at its finest, and it's an embarrassment to 360 owners. Thanks for that.

Wow you seriusley had to bring metacritic, the most reliable and dependable name in video gaming, into this?

It's great to be a 360 owner, but holy crap dudes it's only a $100 price drop, not the end of the world. 360 will do just fine. We don't need a billion threads about PS3 price drop and then another billion to help 360 fans cope with insecurities.