By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Its a wonderful time being an xbox 360 gamer...

With everyone in uproar about the PS3 slim and the price cut I wanted to outline few aspects that us 360 gamers can feel good about today and in the future...

1.GAMES

I hate to be that guy but I will update you on the metacritic totals.

360                                                VS                                              PS3

90+ games  - 21                                                                         90+ games  - 12

80+ games - 138                                                                        80+ games - 103

70+ games - 175                                                                        70+ games - 113

Looking at upcoming games its clear that 360 is still a monster...

Halo ODST, Forza 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, Halo Reach are all sequels to multi-million selling games and will sell great, turn out amazing and some may shift hardware. On top of that there are new IP`s like Alan Wake that is bound to turn out AAA.

3rd party support is top notch for the console. Almost EVERY major 3rd party title moving forward is coming to the 360. (so sorry for Japanese FF13 fans)

Xbox live gaming is in top form. Games like Trials HD, Splosion man and Shadow Complex have shown that DLC games with 1/10 of a budget can be better than all store bought releases that month. With games like Perfect Dark HD coming down the pipe...life is good.

2. SALES

Somewhere deep inside the matter there is a legitimate reason why we want our console to sell well. It has to do with future games and viability of the platform...however with the 360 we really don`t have to worry. It has a significant lead and it has shifted enough units to be viable for 3 more years easily.

However...if you are one of those people that still worry about console sales think about this -  MS didn`t beat the biggest brand in gaming thus far by not being proactive. If MS sees that PS3 is starting to pull away from the 360 they can just bundle a hard drive with the arcade and re-launch it as a new SKU. Then put a 160GB hard drive with Elite. Walla... 100 dollar price advantage restored.

There are many things they can do actually as their options are wide open. Looks like PS3 is still losing money on every console sold so their wallets are tied.

3. FUTURE

Its clear that Xbox 360 has the games and support to deliver amazing gaming for a long time to come. On top of that 2010 brings Natal to the table which thus far has been shown to be a media darling and may seriously impact the console race. Natal may give 360 an experience that the other 2 consoles don`t offer. This is monumental when it comes to console sales and is the reason why Wii sells more than PS3 and 360 combined every week despite even with no software releases.

All in all, its an exciting time to be a 360 gamer. It may be finally time to buy a PS3 (a fat model just before slim hits for less $$$, or used one with BC preferably), but it no way shape or form is it time to stop playing the 360.

Around the Network

It is always a good time to be a Xbox owner

Yes its a good time to be a 360 owner

mM

A retail library of games second to none. (Enough games out there both old and new to last you for many years to come)

XBLA simply on top of its game right now. (Again, 100's of games to choose from)

It is indeed a great time to own the mighty 360.

theres never a bad time to be an xbox owner

Around the Network

Yes the future looks incredibly good for the 360!

This right here really surprised me.  I was under the impression that the PS3 was almost caught up to the 360 with the amount of good games.

360                                                VS                                              PS3

90+ games  - 21                                                                         90+ games  - 12

80+ games - 138                                                                        80+ games - 103

70+ games - 175                                                                        70+ games - 113

Yes it is, thanks for making this thread Dis, alot of 360 owners on the chartz are other turning or getting all pissed off.

This just goes to show the true gamers on this site in general are.

And yes, but not just the 360 ALL systems, DS and PSP as-well.

It's just PS3's time to shine atm, but that does not mean all the rest should be halted just like that, oh hell no...

For me, Magna Carta II will be getting the most gameplay from me this year next to LP2. :D

With that said and done, it's always a great time to be a 360 owner.

Edit: At the very least i prefer your thread over Zizzla's thread anyday http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=83268 <---- Thats a good example of a raging fanboy. needless to say this thread > Zizzlas. for the very fact you came out in a happy and proud way rather then a insecure uncertain way. 

This is the 4th thread like this, it's really not needed.

The 360 will do fine, it's just the ps3 was doing so bad, it had to get this price cut, no need to worry.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

With my purchase of a PSP two weeks ago, I now own EVERYTHING. And the 360 is still the crown jewel of my collection. It rocks.

Xbox 360 is a good piece of hardware but it's also more expensive for the features that come included in an out of the box PS3 which is the only reason I'm shying away from the 360.

If I buy a 360 it costs 299 for an Elite sku which is a good price for that hardware. However, a wireless adapter for the thing is 99 dollars and Xbox live is another 49. Which means I'll be spending 1.5 times the price of a PS3 just to get all of the features that make the Xbox such a magnificent platform.

Without online connectivity the Xbox is 'okay'.

Before people start biting my head off, let me make my case.

I live on the second floor of a house, and I would need to keep my system here. The wireless router which supplies the connection for my Wii and laptop is downstairs, I can't run a cable from downstairs to upstairs because it would be a tripping hazard (and frowned upon by the other occupants in the house).

I could start drilling holes or trying to pass a wire through the heating ducts but it seems like a lot of effort in order to simply set up a system. Xbox needs to start including a wireless adapter in their sku because especially at these prices the adjoining peripheral for wi fi connectivity and a subscription to Xbox live seems really expensive.

I also have no interest in Halo, Left 4 Dead I can get for the PC (and would rather play it on there), however Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Fable will be missed. I really don't know if the exclusives the Xbox 360 has is enough to make me spend so much initially for set up when I could get a great deal out of box for a PS3.

I'll also still be able to play blockbuster multi-platform games, and on top of that Blu Ray movies.

So sell me this system, I'm not much for first person shooters but I like kitschy games and Brutal Legend is my driving motivation for even getting a new console in the next little while.