By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official: SSB:B delayed in US until 10 Feb. 2008

Ok I'm sorry, but all the trolling you do when sony delays a game, and we halfway expected it.
OMFG NINTENDO, BABY, WHY?! YOU NEVER Delay games!? YOU LIED! I hate you nintendo! I want a divorce, and I'm gonna marry my 60gb PS3 twins! Nintendo! How could you do this to me. The only game left for the year that I wanted, and now I have to wait even longer! baby, why did you do this to me!? What will I ever do on this earth now?! I was lied to by Nintendo!!!

Seriously tho. It's just a damn delay. Everyone does it, it happens. Get over it. It will hopefully be a better game because of it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
This sucks. I've been waiting for this game since before the Wii launched. Oh well, at least I can now afford Uncharted.

I was gonna say ratchet, but yeah..

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I heard it was delayed because the Wii cell processor is so difficult to progam for. ; )

Noooooo! Well, when you think about this isn't a bad thing. Nintendo already has 2007 with mario galaxy. Now they might have 2008 with SSBB, though PS3's line up will be tough to beat. Not only that but now SSBB will be beyond perfect. Plus I'll be able to save up my cash. Though, the wait will be brutal.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Kwaad said:
Ok I'm sorry, but all the trolling you do when sony delays a game, and we halfway expected it.
OMFG NINTENDO, BABY, WHY?! YOU NEVER Delay games!? YOU LIED! I hate you nintendo! I want a divorce, and I'm gonna marry my 60gb PS3 twins! Nintendo! How could you do this to me. The only game left for the year that I wanted, and now I have to wait even longer! baby, why did you do this to me!? What will I ever do on this earth now?! I was lied to by Nintendo!!!

Seriously tho. It's just a damn delay. Everyone does it, it happens. Get over it. It will hopefully be a better game because of it.

I know right? We're not used to delays.  I'm mean who do they think we are? Sony fans?

Kidding aside:

The demo we got to play today still had bugs and was prone to crashing.

This is worrisome.

Around the Network

I was wrong on this one, I guess. Didn't think Nintendo would break up the combo.

Maybe they have some other plans for this holiday season.

Surely a relief for my wallet. Maybe I'll have enough to get that DS I been wanting for a long time now. The guy at work makes me jealous with his Transformers faceplated DS Lite all up in my face while I'm over there with my Micro and original purple GBA. Hahaha. (though I love my little GBAs )

Was seriously looking forward to this though and think Nintendo missed a big opportunity putting that up for the holidays. Maybe they wanted to have mercy on the retail store clerks this year. That's understandable 'cause it's gonna be a madhouse no matter what this Christmas and that game would have only made it worse.

Guess it's just too many big titles back to back to be comfortable. No cannibalization. 

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Rath said:
Who wants to bet Miyamoto is behind this. Damn him and his perfectionist ways.

Oh well just remember what OoT turned out like after delaying it and I'm sure you will feel slightly better.

I wouldn't doubt it. Lucky for him he's a great visionary and we know those kinds of setbacks pay off in the long run. VERY lucky for him. Hahahahaha! He's earned the right to ask for patience.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Words Of Wisdom said:

This is worrisome.

That doesn't worry me one bit.  If the game didn't have bugs or crashes, it would be out tomorrow.  When game's are playable to the public, they're pretty much done...the only work left is bug fixing and such.

The game runs in 480p, widescreen, 60 fps, and there weren't any problems until a bug or crash...sounds like an early version problem, that's all.  They don't release a game with bugs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ Kwaad,

What in *%@*() name do you have 2 PS3's for?!?

You could have bought a Wii and a 360 for a little more. (Sorry if I insulted you with that)

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kwaad said:

I know right? We're not used to delays. I'm mean who do they think we are? Sony fans?

Kidding aside:

This is worrisome.

Not really... It's 4 months until release and demo builds require you to edit the game code.  They are often prone to extra bugs and crashes.  It's actually not worrying at all, because you know Nintendo would never release a game unless those issues were taken care of.