By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official: SSB:B delayed in US until 10 Feb. 2008

BenKenobi88 said:

That doesn't worry me one bit. If the game didn't have bugs or crashes, it would be out tomorrow. When game's are playable to the public, they're pretty much done...the only work left is bug fixing and such.

The game runs in 480p, widescreen, 60 fps, and there weren't any problems until a bug or crash...sounds like an early version problem, that's all. They don't release a game with bugs.

No bugs?  You've played PC games haven't you?  Patches familiar yes?

I'll agree that Smash Bros is different though.  Still, the real issue is that they've been delayed all the way back to Febuary.  Those must be some monster bugs.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Not really... It's 4 months until release and demo builds require you to edit the game code. They are often prone to extra bugs and crashes. It's actually not worrying at all, because you know Nintendo would never release a game unless those issues were taken care of.

Pretty much.  I don't think Nintendo would let them release a buggy game especially on such a potent IP.

PC games are totally different, yes. This a console game, a Nintendo game. If Brawl had ONE bug, we would get a free replacement disc. That's what happened with Super Paper Mario, that's how Nintendo works.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Console games do not get patches. You get it right upon release or you pray it's too minor to affect gameplay.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Why are you all surprised by this?? If you have been a fan or watched Nintendo at all you'd know that they often delay their games to make them just right, which I'm fine with...

You should be more surprised that Galaxy is sticking to it's Nov. release date...

Around the Network

Enlighten me...I wasn't aware of Nintendo delaying THAT many games. Zelda: TP is infamous of course, but that was due to putting on the Wii's launch, changing controls, etc. Metroid got delayed for a week for technical stuff.

2 months for Brawl? That's a big delay that appears to be for development reasons...I didn't think Nintendo did this that often. Super Paper Mario (if you exclude it's pre-development on GC), Mario Strikers, DS games...when they get dates they generally stick to them.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I need a frezing buddy, we´ll do it Cartman style.... anybody in ???... no not you Butters... I´m no that stupid...or amy I ???

well for one TP like you said. If you remember correctly MP3 was to be released early 07, but was delayed and everyone thought they were adding online...

like you said Super Paper Mario was to be a GC game released in oct. 06 but got delayed to go to the wii..

Also Phantom Hourglass was to be released in Q4 06...

Miyamoto said at e3 06 that if Galaxy wasn't a launch title it would definitely be within the first 6 months...

That's just a few of the latest ones off the top of my head. Nintendo has synonymous with delays in he media, that's why like every person who interviews Reggie asks, "Are you sure that this game won't get delayed."

I'm not saying it's a bad thing because all the games that this happens to have been great....

Ok... Pros and Cons to this date....

Pros:
1) Maybe on the SSBB website there will be A LOT more characters revealed
2) The Wii supply hopefully will have recovered by Feb. 10, so i expect a lot more wiis sold that week
3) 20 million Wiis- if one out of five people (like halo 3+360) got the game its first one or two , hey thats 4 million copies sold right there and it will probably have good legs.
4) if it had released Dec. 3 it might have choked Galaxy of sales.
5) You do realize the hype is going to grow even more in the time.

Cons:
1) It's on my birthday so i will have to buy it myself if a miracle happens and i end up getting a wii for my 14th birthday
2) No Christmas season release

Nintendo fan, though i also like the PS1-era Sony

Sales Predictions (+-.5mil) at end of fiscal 2007

Wii- 23 million- Brawl will hopefully make it higher.
360-20 million- GTA IV's release date will be a big factor
PS3- 12 million- Same as 360, MGS4 also big factor

wii just shot themself in the foot for this holiday.