By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo cut the price of Wii?

Soon. Wii's starting to drop a little in sales. When it gets below 200,000k a week for more than a month i say put it to 200 and itll go back up to 400k+ a week

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network
GianCarmen said:
I would like a price drop down to $199, but we will first see colors and or bundles first. I believe that they are in the best position compared to both Sony and Microsoft. Here is what may happen. Colors for the Wii during the holidays. Black and maybe red colors. When the Sony motion controller comes out they will lower the Wii remote down from $40 to $25. Nunchuck from $20 to $10 and lowering the Motion Plus to $10, and on top of that combining the Motion Plus with the Wii remote at $35 When the Natal comes out lower the Wii down to $199. What do you guys think about that. Writing this made me feel that this would be to good to be true. I am just throwing things out.

With the black Wii being released in Japan recently, can it really be that far behind in the U.S.?

No, Nintendo has no reason to cut the price of the Wii. I firmly believe that the PS3 could be cheaper than the Wii and Wii would still outsell it. They simply have a console more appealing to the mass market audience than Sony does, and making the PS3 cheaper will do very little to change that. A bundle might not be a bad idea though.