By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales slides from the Nintendo Conference

@HappySqurriel, Bodhesatva

This really shows what mature actually means. Though surprinsingly (for me), it also seems to affect girls quite a bit. Unsurprisingly, it somewhat affects 16-18 year-old boys, who like to think they're really mature.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
johnsobas said:
strange how the market died so much during the PS2 era. 2002-2005 are especially low for hardware AND software.

One trend in Japan is that the population is beginning to shrink and that there are far more old people than young people. That's part of the reason why the Japanese market is stagnating.

This is the driving factor, the root driving factor in Nintendo's shift in direction the past few years. They concentrated on the Japanese market and the populational data there. Japan is getting old to put it simply. Baby Boom here? Elder Boom there. And Nintendo saw crash on the horizon with those demographic trends. The crash always comes shortly after the midst of great success. That's why they call it a crash. You don't see it coming until it happens. You're flying in a plane watching the in-flight movie, eating salted peanuts and then VRRRRRRRMMMMMM that rapid descent sound goes off and the plane start plummeting.

Pac-Man on Atari VCS AKA Atari 2600 was said to be a big factor that led to Crash of 1983/1984. That game came out in 1981, 2 to 3 years before the signs were evident. 1982's E.T. on 2600 was the next omen and shortly thereafter people just wanted their MTV instead of their GamesTV. By the end of 1984 videogaming was dead in North America and other places around the world outside of Japan. It happens that quick. Sudden dropoff and Nintendo reoriented their strategies to match what was going on in Japan later to use this in other markets. But Japan was always the first concern. It should be seeing that Japan is the homebase of Nintendo as well as the videogame industry.

Market research pays off when done correctly. Don't put your carts before the horse. Map out your plan and navigate the trail. You will find success. 

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

KruzeS said:

@HappySqurriel, Bodhesatva

This really shows what mature actually means. Though surprinsingly (for me), it also seems to affect girls quite a bit. Unsurprisingly, it somewhat affects 16-18 year-old boys, who like to think they're really mature.

they also like to think the world revolves around them

Oh my god.....i am just watching the other video on that link fishyjoe, the one with WiiFit, the dialogue between the translators sounds awful, it's hilarious.....Wish i could speak Japanese so i could see how well the original is done.

"would you like to see my chest move?"