By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales slides from the Nintendo Conference

If you want to see the whole conference with video, go here:

http://www.irwebcasting.com/071010/53/f078bbc3f8/index.html

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

I think those two charts demonstrate something very important ...

Nintendo is really strong with people under 18 and over 25 and has an amazingly large number of female gamers

ONOZ ITZ NOT HRODCORE GAMING ANYMOAR

WII IS DOOMED!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way...

Nintendo is really hitting demographics the other systems can't touch. Blue ocean baby.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Link Does not Work.

Wow.
3.5 users per household average is high, what is the average number of people per house in Japan? because if it is only 4 or 5 then that's an excellent number.
3 users per house for DS equates to more sales though, as a lot of houses will only have 1 Wii being used by 3/4 people, wheras not many DSs will be shared so much.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the thing I have said most on this site, since I joined, which I have repeated over and over, and over and over, is that the PS3/360 will appeal most to the 18-25 year old male demographic, and that almost every other demographic would be heavily dominated by the Wii. That is precisely what these charts show. I feel so totally cool right now for calling this exactly.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

FishyJoe said:

I find it interesting that they group the PS2 and PS3 together...and are getting pretty close to their sales combined...whereas some sites group the "Sony Family" together in an attempt to brag about certain sales hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

just noticed something on the User population chart,...there is an anti-spike in Wii owners at 40yo....
OMG people in mid-life crisis are unlikely to buy a Wii....the Wii is Doooooomed.

Still i wonder why that is.

Also it's strange there are sudden drops at age 45, 55 and 65

strange how the market died so much during the PS2 era. 2002-2005 are especially low for hardware AND software.

One trend in Japan is that the population is beginning to shrink and that there are far more old people than young people. That's part of the reason why the Japanese market is stagnating.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

@ Ben, actually i think i know why they grouped PS2 and 3 software sales together, it's because PS2 has probably (according to VGC it has) still sold slightly more software this year than Wii, and grouping together disguises that fact. (though it does help disguise PS3s poor software sales too)