By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A look at 2007 Third Party Exclusives...

With Devil May Cry 4 going to 360 as well as PS3, I thought it would be a good time to take a look at big exlcusive 3rd party games for the three consoles: I am only looking at completely new games as exclusives...in other words, no 'enhanced' ports that take advantage of motion control, online or uber-graphics. From now until the end of the year...(from www.ign.com worldwide release lists) Wii: Confirmed for at least one market: Dragon Quest Swords Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Resident Evil Mysims Dewey's Adventure Somewhat confirmed: Konami RPG Capcom game Oopana? Additional Konami game... Crazy Rumours: EA-disco game? Nights? Kingdom Hearts? PS3 (anyone else notice FFXIII is listed as Dec 31, 2008 in Japan on ign? - I remember right before FFVII was canceled for the Nintendo 64 in 1997 IGN said Dec 31, 2008 in Japan...interesting huh?): Confirmed: Metal Gear Solid 4 Rumoured/Somewhat confirmed Monster Hunter 3 Two Konami games Square-Enix MMORPG 360 There is actually almost nothing 3rd party that is exclusive and real significant... Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Shadow Run, Too Human, Blue Dragon are all published by Microsoft. Wii/PS3 will be getting DDR, Guitar Hero, TMNTs, Madden, Spiderman etc..

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

No more heroes for wii ? Sadness ?

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Not big enough to have any real impact the way I see it.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said: There is actually almost nothing 3rd party that is exclusive and real significant... Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Shadow Run, Too Human, Blue Dragon are all published by Microsoft.
Published by, sure, but it's not like Mass Effect is really a first-party title. Bioware was going to make Mass Effect whether or not Microsoft published it, and could have done it Bethesda-style with a cross-platform release. That Microsoft is publishing it on the 360 rather than just paying them to publish it themselves as a third-party exclusive isn't a particularly huge distinction.

mkozlows said: TheSource said: There is actually almost nothing 3rd party that is exclusive and real significant... Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Shadow Run, Too Human, Blue Dragon are all published by Microsoft. Published by, sure, but it's not like Mass Effect is really a first-party title. Bioware was going to make Mass Effect whether or not Microsoft published it, and could have done it Bethesda-style with a cross-platform release. That Microsoft is publishing it on the 360 rather than just paying them to publish it themselves as a third-party exclusive isn't a particularly huge distinction.
Well, it almost certainly means that the game has no chance of going to PS3... While if another party published it, that would at least be an option...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

I don't say that the Wii has the heavy names as the PS3 or Xbox360, but this list seems to indicate that there is more 3rd party exclusivs coming to Wii than the other systems. Reason? I personally think it is because it is cheap to dev for Wii you can create a game on a smaller bugett? What do you think?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said: I don't say that the Wii has the heavy names as the PS3 or Xbox360, but this list seems to indicate that there is more 3rd party exclusivs coming to Wii than the other systems. Reason? I personally think it is because it is cheap to dev for Wii you can create a game on a smaller bugett? What do you think?
That and if you want a Wii game to turn out well it has to be different from a standard port ...

Do incognito (R; FOM) and Naughty Dog not count as third parties? Also, although Sony does not have that much third part exclusive support, sony will make a large number of very good games, God of War III, Killzone, ICO 3, next Getaway, SOCOM 4. Whatever you say, there is no way that FFXIII or Versus XIII will come to the 360, it's just not powerful enough if sqaure enix reach their target graphics.

add me

Munkeh said: Do incognito (R; FOM) and Naughty Dog not count as third parties? Also, although Sony does not have that much third part exclusive support, sony will make a large number of very good games, God of War III, Killzone, ICO 3, next Getaway, SOCOM 4. Whatever you say, there is no way that FFXIII or Versus XIII will come to the 360, it's just not powerful enough if sqaure enix reach their target graphics.
Even if the PS3 FF is too powerful for the 360, Square could always release a slightly downgraded version for the system (which would probably still look great). I see the rumor of MGS going multiplatform to be a little less likely than FF because I think Kojima might make extensive use of the PS3's motion controls. The man has a history of taking advantage of every system feature. If a 360 version comes out, it'll probably be 6-12 months later especially since they're still aiming for a holiday release. Moving development to the 360 would delay the PS3 version most likely. EDIT: Insomniac did Resistance. Incognito did Twisted Metal and Warhawk. I make that mistake all the time. Incog and Naught Dog are owned by Sony, Insomniac and Factor-5 aren't. So Resistance and Lair could be considered 3rd party if you wanted. Level-5 also isn't owned by Sony, but White Knight Story is being published by Sony, but not until 2008.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

carlos710 said: No more heroes for wii ? Sadness ?
He´s true, don´t forget Sadness... the way I see it the big publisher of the game will not be EA or Konami - it´gonna be the Big N and Miyamoto said he had a look at the game. This could be a Resident Evil competitor Metal Gear Solid could be ported... I don´t know I´ve got such a feeling about it... you never know The Wii´s biggest plus is (am I really saying that?) it´s less graphic power - you can´t port a game that was designed for the Wii to the 360 or PS3 cause it would look like crap. And of course the controls would maybe suck...