By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A look at 2007 Third Party Exclusives...

jman8 said: Munkeh said: Do incognito (R; FOM) and Naughty Dog not count as third parties? Also, although Sony does not have that much third part exclusive support, sony will make a large number of very good games, God of War III, Killzone, ICO 3, next Getaway, SOCOM 4. Whatever you say, there is no way that FFXIII or Versus XIII will come to the 360, it's just not powerful enough if sqaure enix reach their target graphics. Even if the PS3 FF is too powerful for the 360, Square could always release a slightly downgraded version for the system (which would probably still look great). I see the rumor of MGS going multiplatform to be a little less likely than FF because I think Kojima might make extensive use of the PS3's motion controls. The man has a history of taking advantage of every system feature. If a 360 version comes out, it'll probably be 6-12 months later especially since they're still aiming for a holiday release. Moving development to the 360 would delay the PS3 version most likely. EDIT: Insomniac did Resistance. Incognito did Twisted Metal and Warhawk. I make that mistake all the time. Incog and Naught Dog are owned by Sony, Insomniac and Factor-5 aren't. So Resistance and Lair could be considered 3rd party if you wanted. Level-5 also isn't owned by Sony, but White Knight Story is being published by Sony, but not until 2008.
Thanks for the details

add me

Around the Network

Munkeh said: Do incognito (R; FOM) and Naughty Dog not count as third parties? Also, although Sony does not have that much third part exclusive support, sony will make a large number of very good games, God of War III, Killzone, ICO 3, next Getaway, SOCOM 4. Whatever you say, there is no way that FFXIII or Versus XIII will come to the 360, it's just not powerful enough if sqaure enix reach their target graphics.
Yes true but Nintendo and microsoft has good first party titles too. I don't think FF will go to xbox360 either as long as it sells enough. If that title is failing to reach the usual levels for a FF title, we might see a downgraded version for the Xbox360 to at least get some sales. A big franshise as FF needs to generate tons of money.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

HappySqurriel said: robjoh said: I don't say that the Wii has the heavy names as the PS3 or Xbox360, but this list seems to indicate that there is more 3rd party exclusivs coming to Wii than the other systems. Reason? I personally think it is because it is cheap to dev for Wii you can create a game on a smaller bugett? What do you think? That and if you want a Wii game to turn out well it has to be different from a standard port ...
True, it seems that sales is good to. Rayman and Red Steel is the two best selling 3rd party games on the Wii.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

There is absolutely no reason FF and MGS can't come to the 360. The game is not THAT technologically advanced that the 360 can't handle it...even if it has to get downgraded slightly, ala Resident Evil 4 from Gamecube to PS2. Heck, even Gamecube had an MGS game that looked pretty good...I don't think MGS will stay exclusive, and Square Enix has plenty of history with Nintendo, so we know they're open to other companies besides Sony...not that Wii will get these games...it'd be too much work probably to port it...the 360 makes sense to me though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm saying it right now.... There is no way a 3rd party title is going to stay ps3 exclusive. The ps3 has too small of a userbase and the new HD games cost too much to produce. They will all eventually be put on the 360 and/or the pc. The only option for Final Fantasy XIII or Metal Gear Solid 4 to stay as ps3 exclusives would be for sony to give major kickbacks to their respective publishers and sony is already losing too much money at this point and time. For those who argue that FFXIII is too much for the 360, you're in major denial. The ps3's graphical abilities, ie the GPU, are not that much different than the 360's, and a Final Fantasy game has no where near number crunching thirsts that are beyond the 360's CPU.

Around the Network

TheSource said: PS3 (anyone else notice FFXIII is listed as Dec 31, 2008 in Japan on ign? - I remember right before FFVII was canceled for the Nintendo 64 in 1997 IGN said Dec 31, 2008 in Japan...interesting huh?):
No. not interesting, they put that when they aren't sure about the release date.

Not knowing the release date means the project is easier to cancel. If it was coming soon, it would have a release date, and not be easy to cancel. The correlation is not 100%, but it is worth watching.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said: Not knowing the release date means the project is easier to cancel. If it was coming soon, it would have a release date, and not be easy to cancel. The correlation is not 100%, but it is worth watching.
If you follow PS3 news closely, you'd know there's new information about FFXIII practically once a week. So it's highly unlikely its about to get cancelled. Check out all the news stories on IGN's FFXIII page: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/826/826843.html

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said: TheSource said: Not knowing the release date means the project is easier to cancel. If it was coming soon, it would have a release date, and not be easy to cancel. The correlation is not 100%, but it is worth watching. If you follow PS3 news closely, you'd know there's new information about FFXIII practically once a week. So it's highly unlikely its about to get cancelled. Check out all the news stories on IGN's FFXIII page: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/826/826843.html
[/quote] I believe he was talking about the launch date being cancelled...Not the game or what system it's coming to. The 360 has Trusty Bell, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Culdicept Saga, Two Worlds, Kingdom Under Fire, Flashpoint, Left 4 Dead, Might & Magic: DM (rumored), Mass Effect (its not 1st party), World of Warcraft: Azeroth Adventures, Sacred 2 (maybe this year) coming that i know of...For starters. I just mainly know RPGs, and those are the 360-exclusive titles. Half of those games are coming to PC, but it doesn't count, as we're talking the console market.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.