By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft's new motion camera in action

Just saw this today, sorry if I missed it or I am late.  Your Shape for Wii by Ubisoft is using their new motion camera that was talked about around E3.  To tell you the truth, this looks really cool, and very responsive.  I wander what will come of this in the future, but the workout game actually looks pretty nice.  What are your thoughts?  Link below-

http://yourshapegame.us.ubi.com/

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

That looked pretty good actually.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

wow, when is it coming out ?

Wii next system seller (as if wiifit was not sufficient)

Time to Work !

Lol Natal

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Did this kind of come out of nowhere of what? It just showed up on IGN today.

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network
kazadoom said:
Did this kind of come out of nowhere of what? It just showed up on IGN today.

Announced and shown at E3.

Aww, Nintendo was going to release Wii Camera next year!

I knew it was announced, but I never saw any footage from E3 showing the camera and any game using it. I figured we would maybe see something on it toward the end of the year.

www.goodpersontest.com

It will be forgotten soon enough.

kazadoom said:
I knew it was announced, but I never saw any footage from E3 showing the camera and any game using it. I figured we would maybe see something on it toward the end of the year.

Yeah the game was shown at E3 too during Ubisoft's press conference on Tuesday of E3. Watched the conference myself on G4.

Nintendo has worked directly with Ubi in making this product, but might still have a few revisions. It was announced on the same day as Natal, so it kind of got overshadowed.

What is interesting is, this game and cam are set to release this holiday season, so it will be the first motion cam (outside of the old Eyetoy) to hit the market, before Sony and MS products do. A lot of the casual audience who gets their hands on this won't really understand the difference between the Ubi cam and Natal/Ps3 motion, and will likely pass on switching over to the HD systems for the technology. Since Natal is being aimed specifically at this audience of casual Wii gamers, the Ubicam might just let the air out of MS' tires in this category.