By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft's new motion camera in action

Natal has a launch date?

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

^^ rough one, spring 2010

And how do we know its not just a fake or staged video? It could be like Natals E3 video.

Btw, the camera, even if its pre-alpha, looks incredible cheap.

They said sometime in 2010,not spring. Spring 2010 is for the Sony wand.

Eyetoy clone, there was even a work out game called Eyetoy: kinetic for the PS2.

Nothing new....but I'm surprised that it's Ubisoft releasing the camera, and not Nintendo, and to be honest it should be Nintendo releasing it, that way they could give other developers the SDK required for more games to be supported...I think Nintendo dropped the ball on this.

Around the Network
Voltaire said:
And how do we know its not just a fake or staged video? It could be like Natals E3 video.

Btw, the camera, even if its pre-alpha, looks incredible cheap.

There were live demos of the program at E3.

With Nintendo directly involved, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another feature in there to promote depth/distance before release, making it very similar in tech ability to Natal.

In effect, if done right, it can really steal all of Natal's thunder. It's a matter of waiting to see what the final product has to offer.

Exercise programs are popular because so many people are lazy and out of shape. It is not a coincidence. Lazy people do not monitor their diets and rarely exercise properly. Exercise games cannot deliver long term results, but Wii Fit outsold every other game except Wii Play and Wii Sports for this generation. Lazy people are more willing to waste money on a product that does not work, rather than go to the gym.

^^^^ Truth is, a lot of gyms are shutting their doors. I know at least 3 major gyms in very highly populated areas locally that have closed up. For many, they're not given a choice but to exercise at home. For the others there's YMCA establishments.

I figured Nintendo would of used the DSi, but this is a nice little thing... still think ubi generates monotonous rubbish so meh.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The DSi camera has a .2 MP camera. Its hardly capable of quality imagery.