By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Alterego-X said:
BladeOfGod said:

uhm... a slim helped PS1 and PS2 in sales A LOT more than any other game did. The game may move hardware for 2 weeks or 1 month maximum, but price cut boost can last for more than a year

Again, software sells hardware.

Playstation 1 and 2 were successful only because of their powerful lineup, to begin with. A console with 0 good games worths $0.

Maybe a single sytem seller game's effect is more subtle, but it is there for many years, while the price cut is there until the counterpricecut.

umh, DSi pushed NDS sales, didnt it?

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
Alterego-X said:
BladeOfGod said:

uhm... a slim helped PS1 and PS2 in sales A LOT more than any other game did. The game may move hardware for 2 weeks or 1 month maximum, but price cut boost can last for more than a year

Again, software sells hardware.

Playstation 1 and 2 were successful only because of their powerful lineup, to begin with. A console with 0 good games worths $0.

Maybe a single sytem seller game's effect is more subtle, but it is there for many years, while the price cut is there until the counterpricecut.

umh, DSi pushed NDS sales, didnt it?

By innovating the experience & gameplay, offering and promising more and better software.

A Slim version's only selling point would be new price.

Ugh. More PS3 Slim talk. It's still an unfounded rumor until further notice. We might as well be discussing RE5 coming to the Wii while we're at it.

49%

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

So what are you trying to say?

Around the Network

Its going to get higher.

49%

bardicverse said:
Ugh. More PS3 Slim talk. It's still an unfounded rumor until further notice. We might as well be discussing RE5 coming to the Wii while we're at it.

Please. It's all but confirmed. Pics of the motherboard, increased parts orders from China, various retail rumors (which are easily fakable, i'll grant, but they're all over the place), retailers being told to not expect more PS3 shipments in the immediate future, and the fact that Sony won't flat-out deny it (which companies almost always do, even if the thing definitely happens)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

bardicverse said:

One of my guys on staff has a contact within Sony.  The slim is coming.   No verification if it is any of the mock ups we've seen thus far (though our contact did refute some of them outright) but the 18th will have its debut.   I didn't believe it until last week when our contact confirmed it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Destroyer_of_knights said:
hmmm, this generation is kinda fucked, the Wii may have almost 50% market share, and yet all high profile multiplatform games only appear on the competition, so really this number means nothing if you ain't getting these 3rd party AAA games, my opinion in regards to games at least.

PS3 lost some market share, mainly because the retail chains are drying up, so many reports out in the wild that confirm this, all this points to Sony releasing a new PS3 model, and I suspect like many others that it'll be the PS3 Slim with a price of $299US....sales will be boosted, and that means the wii's market share will drop back to how it was if not lower while the PS3 market share increases back to normal and then higher, how much the boost will be sustained for is anyone's guess, but it's clear this will happen.

Well, actually...Guitar Hero, Legos, Star Wars, Rockband, Madden, FIFA, and much more tends to appear on all of them plus handhelds.  Plus, some games like MH3, DQ10 and Mario and Sonic appear to be Wii exclusives.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org