By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Manos said:
Just wait and it will be adjusted down.

Do you really think that? I dont believe you...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
Manos said:
Just wait and it will be adjusted down.

It was an adjustment that provided the boost to 49%.  There would be little logic being readjusting a readjustment.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RolStoppable said:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii will kick the PS3 Slim's ass.

For the people who doubt this, I know that you have never looked at the sales history of 2D Mario platformers. Remember how much the best selling Gran Turismo sold? Well, that's going to be the worst case scenario for NSMB Wii and that game is going to move hardware like no other title this year.

Long live the Wii.

Agreed, NSMB Wii will be MASSIVE and offset any boost the PS3 will get from the slim and then some.

This could be my most anticipated game in the past 5 years.. 2-D Mario games are what got me into console gaming.

TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

Wii domination b4 ps3 slim.

The PS3 Slim won't change anything in the long term.  Games like New Super Mario Brothers Wii will, though.

OMG EPIC FAIL POST OF THE MILENIUM.

Just MGS4 alone pushed PS3 above 200k a week and price cut helped PS3 to outsell 360 for a year, so what on earth makes you think a PS3 slim with price cut wont do anything?????

TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

The PS3 Slim won't change anything in the long term.  Games like New Super Mario Brothers Wii will, though.

Just MGS4 alone pushed PS3 above 200k a week and price cut helped PS3 to outsell 360 for a year, so what on earth makes you think a PS3 slim with price cut wont do anything?????

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

Your post is full of fail. the guy above said a new sku wouldn't help as much as a hot new game. and you basically agreed with him by saying that mgs4 actually moved hardware

I'd like to be like my fahter... to sire a son like myself

Elifrit said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

Your post is full of fail. the guy above said a new sku wouldn't help as much as a hot new game. and you basically agreed with him by saying that mgs4 actually moved hardware

Boom! Roasted

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

BladeOfGod said:
TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

Well, MGS4 is software. Software sells hardware. 

Price cuts do not expand the market, they cannibalize the competition. If when Microsoft cuts the price too, the two price cuts will totally neutralize each ither. 

Elifrit said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheBigFatJ said:
adigen said:

uhm... a slim helped PS1 and PS2 in sales A LOT more than any other game did. The game may move hardware for 2 weeks or 1 month maximum, but price cut boost can last for more than a year

BladeOfGod said:

uhm... a slim helped PS1 and PS2 in sales A LOT more than any other game did. The game may move hardware for 2 weeks or 1 month maximum, but price cut boost can last for more than a year

Again, software sells hardware.

Playstation 1 and 2 were successful only because of their powerful lineup, to begin with. A console with 0 good games worths $0.

Maybe a single sytem seller game's effect is more subtle, but it is there for many years, while the price cut is there until the counterpricecut.