By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 set to outsell Halo3, becoming the best selling HD game

EVERY GT GAME HAD/HAS A GOOD LEGS, i expect this game to sell above 10 million.

Around the Network

It took GT4 almost 5 years to sell over 10mil copies and that's on a console that sold over 130mil units. Halo 3 sold over 10mil copies in a little over two year on a console that sold a little over 30mil units. For GT5 to sell over 10 million units its going to take a major miracle.

^^Halo has the biggest attach rate after wii sports which is bundeld with every wii console outside of japan

i dont believe for a minute it will sell more than Halo. do all the number crunching you want. it's not gonna happen

CGI-Quality said:
Chris Hu said:
It took GT4 almost 5 years to sell over 10mil copies and that's on a console that sold over 130mil units. Halo 3 sold over 10mil copies in a little over two year on a console that sold a little over 30mil units. For GT5 to sell over 10 million units its going to take a major miracle.

GT5 is the FIRST full GT in the series to release on PS3. I find it interesting that you didn't bring up GT3, it's sales ARE EVEN HIGHER than GT4's and the userbase was smaller. Haven't we already figured out that userbase doesn't apply here, MGS3 & MGS4....? Nice try though....

Userbase does apply, but it's not so black and white as people make out. Smaller userbase doesn't necessarily mean less sales.

The reason MGS and SC and the likes of the games did better on the PS3 than PS2 was that there was room to grow, the sales were never spectacular in  the first place. With GT it's different. Having sold so much last gen it's not a case of saying, "oh look sc and mgs4 sold more than their previous PS2  games so GT5 will to"

As I always say we will just wait for the numbers, I have thought about this and it seems logical to me. GT5 won't get past 10 million.

Around the Network

Unless if is heavily bundled.... no