By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 set to outsell Halo3, becoming the best selling HD game

Unclean said:
selnor said:

The PS3 will come last this gen.

Sony fans will be disapointed with the Lifetime sales of GT5.

The ps3 is still shit expensive, and sells very good for such a expensive console, almost as good as the xbox 360 which hit the sweetspot price a long time ago.

Microsoft dont have a single system seller title left to release.

Sony has GT5. Gran turismo games=insanely long legs, both for console and game sales. 

God of war 3 will atleast burst the sales somewhat.

Final fantasy 13 is going to move a huge amount of ps3s aswell, especially in japan. FFv13 too. These titles have long legs, and will move consoles for a while.

Not to mention the ps3 slim and a price cut.

These are the biggest playstation franchises and have  not  been released yet, Sony waiting till they can lower the price of the console before releasing these heavy hitters. And square been waiting for a cut aswell before releasing FF13.

It's to early to announce the winner of the silver medal this generation.

I beg to differ.

FF13 your right will only make an impact in Japan. M$ have destroyed any hope of FF13 helping in America or Europe.

GOW3 will not make any impact on sales, people who want that game will likely already have a PS3. As I already mentioned whether you like it or not Forza 3 will hamper alot of system selling power of GT5. People will ask why pay out for PS3 when I have Forza 3.

All generation we have heard wait for (insert mega PS3 exclusive) for system sales overload. And every time M$ counters and increases the gap.

M$ have plenty left to push systems. Natal is perfectly placed in the medias eyes. Not just games media, but general news as well. M$ have every oppurtunity to make that sell alot of consoles. Not to foget that the games media has warmed heavily to Splinter Cell Conviction as the coming of christ for stealth games. On top of that Alan Wake could go either way in terms of sales. We still have the possibility of a true Banjo Kazooie 3 and true proper sequel to Perfect Dark N64. Killer Instinct would sell more systems to Nintendo lovers as that was a big game to those people.

IMO it's very safe to say Sony will be 3rd. And as I said at the beginning of the year PS3 will be more than 10mill behind 360 by Jan 2010.

Around the Network

People here seem to be forgetting about GT3 which sold 14.87 million copies on a LOWER userbase than GT4 so I would not count out GT5 for selling extremely well. The games are like FF games, the first game on a new console sell the best!

selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

The ps3 is still shit expensive, and sells very good for such a expensive console, almost as good as the xbox 360 which hit the sweetspot price a long time ago.

Sony has GT5. Gran turismo games=insanely long legs, both for console and game sales. 

Final fantasy 13 is going to move a huge amount of ps3s aswell, especially in japan. FFv13 too. These titles have long legs, and will move consoles for a while.

These are the biggest playstation franchises and have  not  been released yet, Sony waiting till they can lower the price of the console before releasing these heavy hitters. And square been waiting for a cut aswell before releasing FF13.

I beg to differ.

FF13 your right will only make an impact in Japan. M$ have destroyed any hope of FF13 helping in America or Europe.

GOW3 will not make any impact on sales, people who want that game will likely already have a PS3. As I already mentioned whether you like it or not Forza 3 will hamper alot of system selling power of GT5. People will ask why pay out for PS3 when I have Forza 3.

All generation we have heard wait for (insert mega PS3 exclusive) for system sales overload. And every time M$ counters and increases the gap.

M$ have plenty left to push systems. Natal is perfectly placed in the medias eyes. Not just games media, but general news as well. M$ have every oppurtunity to make that sell alot of consoles. Not to foget that the games media has warmed heavily to Splinter Cell Conviction as the coming of christ for stealth games. On top of that Alan Wake could go either way in terms of sales. We still have the possibility of a true Banjo Kazooie 3 and true proper sequel to Perfect Dark N64. Killer Instinct would sell more systems to Nintendo lovers as that was a big game to those people.

IMO it's very safe to say Sony will be 3rd. And as I said at the beginning of the year PS3 will be more than 10mill behind 360 by Jan 2010.

Nonsense, not everybody (infact, a big minority) who is going to buy a PS3 Slim will be an Xbox 360 owner and have F3. The real question is 'Will I buy a Playstation and Gran Turismo or an Xbox and Forza'

PD and Sony still have the upper hand here, especially in terms of brand power.

Taz! said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

I beg to differ.

Nonsense, not everybody (infact, a big minority) who is going to buy a PS3 Slim will be an Xbox 360 owner and have F3. The real question is 'Will I buy a Playstation and Gran Turismo or an Xbox and Forza'

What I meant is alot of PS2 owners last gen have bought a 360 and not a PS3 yet. For instance me and all my friends had PS2's. Id say 70% of us had GT3 and 4. Only 2 of us have PS3's now. The rest of us are more than happy with Forza 3 and have no intention of using money to buy a PS3 for GT5. Rather spend the money on the new Porche wheel which has brake fore feedback. I am willing to bet theirs alot of previous GT owners thinking the same as we are.

I believe GT5 will do 7 mill. It will be the best selling PS3 title by 3 mill then. That sounds exactly right to me.

selnor said:
Taz! said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

I beg to differ.

What I meant is alot of PS2 owners last gen have bought a 360 and not a PS3 yet. For instance me and all my friends had PS2's. Id say 70% of us had GT3 and 4. Only 2 of us have PS3's now. The rest of us are more than happy with Forza 3 and have no intention of using money to buy a PS3 for GT5. Rather spend the money on the new Porche wheel which has brake fore feedback. I am willing to bet theirs alot of previous GT owners thinking the same as we are.

I believe GT5 will do 7 mill. It will be the best selling PS3 title by 3 mill then. That sounds exactly right to me.

We'll true, but hardcore GT fans will have already purchased a PS3 or will be waiting to purchase one, so it won't harm sales too much. 

I think GT5 will do 8.5-9M LTD, so we aren't that far off.

Around the Network

i think it will. GT brand is much stronger than Halo brand

Who knows.

But what I do know is that this kind of hype only ends in tears.

Unclean said:
selnor said:

Come on... this is getting old. We heard this back in 2007 after Halo 3 released. It is not that one title that pushes systems, it is the library of games that pushes systems.

Nobody knows if Natal will be an awesome system seller or some new features on the Xbox360 like instant VoDs. Maybe Alan Wake will become the new big franchise and selling millions of copies... Nobody knows.

And "Just wait untill is getting old as well".

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

selnor said:
Taz! said:
selnor said:
Unclean said:
selnor said:

I beg to differ.

um.. no.. a lot of ps2 fans bought a Wii this gen NOT a xbox 360... some ps2 people bought a 360 not all. this is the second forza on the xbox so people wanting a GT like game should have already purchased it. Forza is a clone of GT with half the fanbase  and popularity (no matter how much i love it).

look at killzone. it was a halo killer (like forza is suppose to be on GT) but did halo fans not buy thier halo game? absolutlely not. both games sold well with the proven franchise selling far more. the same will happen with GT5 and forza.

It will not hurt GT5 sales in the least bit but i also do not see GT5 hitting 14 million like GT3 unless its bundled because of past sales of sony games on ps3. they are great games but sales are good not as great as they should be.

lastly i dont think any of us sony fans will be disapointed about sales because this is a sure fire 6-7 million seller before bundles and thats the highest on ps3 so far.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Depends on if it gets bundled.

Was Halo 3 ever bundled?

Yes it was part of Halo3+ Halo wars bundle recently (which probably is quite big part of this year sales).

And also it was sold in 15 euro price range on a few occassions during it's lifetime.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB