By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resonance of Fate Preview

I wouldn't mind having a JRPG focused on gunplay combat. I feel that too few JRPG's have those as weapons.

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:
^ thats basically wat ive been preaching...RoF will be the next big thing...and it will do wat SE has bet tryin to do for decades with game...it will be the west's FF

I wouldn't know that.  SEGA are probably going to be stupid enough to release close to FFXIII and without proper marketing.  Look at what happened to the Suikoden seres:

Suikoden: Released before FFVII made JRPGs "cool"

Suikoden II: Released a week before FFVIII

Suikoden III: Released on the same day as Kingdom Hearts

Suikoden IV: Released after the holiday rush

Suikoden V: Released a week before Kingdom Hearts II

Sega released Suikoden?

Before FFVII made RPGS cool...WOW....Breath Of fire 1 & 2....Final Fantasy 3 , Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, all released on the super Nintendo..In NA....That's when JRPG's were cool..Not when FFVII  came out....

I got both games when they came out...Like alot of people...Becuase we were so hyped from playing the first Suikoden...And since we were playing all those JRPG's on the SNES...

the rest were konami's fualt if they underperformed...

When I said made JRPGs cool, I mean make them mainstream.

Riachu said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:
^ thats basically wat ive been preaching...RoF will be the next big thing...and it will do wat SE has bet tryin to do for decades with game...it will be the west's FF

I wouldn't know that.  SEGA are probably going to be stupid enough to release close to FFXIII and without proper marketing.  Look at what happened to the Suikoden seres:

Sega released Suikoden?

Before FFVII made RPGS cool...WOW....Breath Of fire 1 & 2....Final Fantasy 3 , Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, all released on the super Nintendo..In NA....That's when JRPG's were cool..Not when FFVII  came out....

I got both games when they came out...Like alot of people...Becuase we were so hyped from playing the first Suikoden...And since we were playing all those JRPG's on the SNES...

LOL!

Your 16.....

I've been gaming since way before you were born...and you were not even born when the games I mentioned came out...don't say FVII made JRPG's cool...you don't know what your talking about..

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

Sega released Suikoden?

LOL!

Your 16.....

I've been gaming since way before you were born...and you were not even born when the games I mentioned came out...don't say FVII made JRPG's cool...you don't know what your talking about..

If someone who is 24 agrees that FFVII made JRPG's mainstream would you accept it or still talk down to them?

Torillian said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

Sega released Suikoden?

LOL!

Your 16.....

If someone who is 24 agrees that FFVII made JRPG's mainstream would you accept it or still talk down to them?

First of all..I was not talking down to anyone...Second..If anyon regardless of their age thinks FFVII made JRPGS mainstream or cool..they simply don't know what they are talking about...

Around the Network

Why? It was the first JRPG with alot of commercial success in NA. You don't think that helped make alot of new JRPG fans in the region and therefore help JRPGs in general?

and yes, you were talking down to him.

Torillian said:

Why? It was the first JRPG with alot of commercial success in NA. You don't think that helped make alot of new JRPG fans in the region and therefore help JRPGs in general?

and yes, you were talking down to him.

Call it whatever you want...

The way I remember things..We did not even use the J in "JRPG's"..they were just RPG's...and between the the SNES and Genesis they were quite a few of them..And even some before that...But times change....

So from now on...I will make sure to use the proper time table...

Breath of Fire II is a great game from 1994 B.FFVII.R.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

Sega released Suikoden?

LOL!

Your 16.....

I'm sorry, but I agree.

The games you mentioned did not sell very well and horribly in comparison to Final Fantasy VII. It made them cool in that it appealed to enough people to sell more than double any previous JRPG on the market. (maybe even triple!)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Riachu said:
Xxain said:

Sega released Suikoden?

LOL!

Your 16.....

I'm sorry, but I agree.

The games you mentioned did not sell very well and horribly in comparison to Final Fantasy VII. It made them cool in that it appealed to enough people to sell more than double any previous JRPG on the market. (maybe even triple!)

You got Snes Sales Data...?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=SNES&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=RPG&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

as compared to:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=756&region=All