By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resonance of Fate Preview

@ Zizzla

NPD reported that FFVI sold 30k in its first month I believe, and we know that RPGs are frontloaded.

EDIT: I'm wrong, but we still have data that it sold less than 1 million in the US. That's less than 1/3 of what Final Fantasy VII did.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Torillian said:

Why? It was the first JRPG with alot of commercial success in NA. You don't think that helped make alot of new JRPG fans in the region and therefore help JRPGs in general?

and yes, you were talking down to him.

Call it whatever you want...

The way I remember things..We did not even use the J in "JRPG's"..they were just RPG's...and between the the SNES and Genesis they were quite a few of them..And even some before that...But times change....

So from now on...I will make sure to use the proper time table...

Breath of Fire II is a great game from 1994 B.FFVII.R.

Sorry, I meant to say it made RPGs in general cool.  They weren't called JRPGs back then because there weren't many WRPGs on consoles and the ones that were there were mostly dumb down ports on PC RPGs like Ultima.

wait WRPG's actaully existed back then???

outlawauron said:

@ Zizzla

NPD reported that FFVI sold 30k in its first month I believe, and we know that RPGs are frontloaded.

EDIT: I'm wrong, but we still have data that it sold less than 1 million in the US. That's less than 1/3 of what Final Fantasy VII did.

Completely understandable....Still...I don't feel that FFVII made "JRPG's" main Stream...You would have to get into attach rates and all that sort of Nonsense...But if people feek that way...What can i tell you they just do...but JRPG's and RPG's were being released before FFVII...and I ronic enough FF had six main games before Cloud's adventure...even a few other one's...Which brings this back to the original problem...How can he fualt Konami for releasing a game before FFVII...When JRPG's were all ready tried and true prior to the PSX's Gen...

reaver_x said:
wait WRPG's actaully existed back then???

yes..I can't find any...becuase they have retard names that I can't remember...But here is a JRPG nugget

Edit: Found some