By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - K-Mart Employee lets slip PS3 Slim news (to me!)

Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:
K-Mart is still a biggish store in the NE USA

Walmart is bigger in all of NA.

I rarely see K-Marts in Canada, if any.. Walmart's are everywhere.

However.. I'm banned from every walmart in the province of Ontario until June 24th 2010.

how do you get banned from walmart, i mean i know almost every one gets thrown out at least once in there life but banned? did you kill someone in the store... i think thats what it would take 

Stole a WoW 60 Day prepaid game time card.

Little does walmart know, that's my 7th one.

Got caught on it though. Who HASN'T stolen from walmart... seriously.

Not everybody is a thief.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:
K-Mart is still a biggish store in the NE USA

Walmart is bigger in all of NA.

I rarely see K-Marts in Canada, if any.. Walmart's are everywhere.

However.. I'm banned from every walmart in the province of Ontario until June 24th 2010.

how do you get banned from walmart, i mean i know almost every one gets thrown out at least once in there life but banned? did you kill someone in the store... i think thats what it would take 

Stole a WoW 60 Day prepaid game time card.

Little does walmart know, that's my 7th one.

Got caught on it though. Who HASN'T stolen from walmart... seriously.

ah i got thrown out for playing football with friends in the sports section 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

It is Kmart though.

Ssliasil said:
^^ considering the Cards dont activate untill purchased and activated by the Cashier...very sad.

Then how did I get 420 days of play time, don't you think I would have not taken anymore after the first card didn't work?

I'll show you my character's aswell. 

It's not sad, it goes to show you how terrible security/cameras can be if I managed to get away SIX times.

Sorry.. 360 days, not 420, if I had gotten away it would be 420.

But I won't steal there anymore.

coolbeans said:
Ssliasil said:
^^ considering the Cards dont activate untill purchased and activated by the Cashier...very sad.

That only goes for XBL subscription cards and points cards.  If they still do like they've always, the WoW are pre activated so if you stole then (like me) you just punch in the card and your set to go.

Exactly.

Read my post above

Around the Network

PS3 Slim is coming

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

The reality isn't that major retailers have bad security, or that someone is particularly good at being a thief. The sad truth is that major retailers do not want to prosecute thieves until they are quite reasonably sure that the perpetrator is pathological. Even then they will rarely go so far as to get law enforcement involved. About the only time that happens is when the theft is organized, or very heinous in its targeting.

The simple truth of the matter is even a bad customer is worth more then no customer at all. What exactly happens if they catch and prosecute you. Well you are publicly shamed, and if you have any shame you will never shop at that retailer again. Perhaps your family is shamed as well especially in the case of young children, and they cannot shop at the retailer as well. That can actually add up to tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales in your life. Then there is the next question where do you shop now that you have been shamed. Well at the competition of coarse.

For retailers it is a no win situation the act of prosecuting costs them business. Probably much more then they are losing on the occasional petty theft. They do not want to do it unless your just dead set on robbing them, or robbing them in such a way as it is costing them a fortune. The truth is you aren't half as clever as you think you are. Over ninety percent of thieves are captured on the repetition. They keep doing things in the same way they did before, and in the end someone will pick up on the pattern. Once that happens they are going to catch you.

Being a thief is not something to brag about. You got caught by people that didn't even want to catch you. How fucking stupid does that make you. I hate thieves, because the retailers just pass the costs off on honest consumers. So I ask you why are you being a dick to me forcing me to spend more money. Your not hurting them your hurting me, and just about everyone else on these forums.

Dodece said:
The reality isn't that major retailers have bad security, or that someone is particularly good at being a thief. The sad truth is that major retailers do not want to prosecute thieves until they are quite reasonably sure that the perpetrator is pathological. Even then they will rarely go so far as to get law enforcement involved. About the only time that happens is when the theft is organized, or very heinous in its targeting.

The simple truth of the matter is even a bad customer is worth more then no customer at all. What exactly happens if they catch and prosecute you. Well you are publicly shamed, and if you have any shame you will never shop at that retailer again. Perhaps your family is shamed as well especially in the case of young children, and they cannot shop at the retailer as well. That can actually add up to tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales in your life. Then there is the next question where do you shop now that you have been shamed. Well at the competition of coarse.

For retailers it is a no win situation the act of prosecuting costs them business. Probably much more then they are losing on the occasional petty theft. They do not want to do it unless your just dead set on robbing them, or robbing them in such a way as it is costing them a fortune. The truth is you aren't half as clever as you think you are. Over ninety percent of thieves are captured on the repetition. They keep doing things in the same way they did before, and in the end someone will pick up on the pattern. Once that happens they are going to catch you.

Being a thief is not something to brag about. You got caught by people that didn't even want to catch you. How fucking stupid does that make you. I hate thieves, because the retailers just pass the costs off on honest consumers. So I ask you why are you being a dick to me forcing me to spend more money. Your not hurting them your hurting me, and just about everyone else on these forums.

Why are you so mad?

My god.. it's just a WoW game time card lol..

I don't know you.. I've been caught by Walmart, just wanted to see how long I could go without them catching me.. Took them long enough.

I'm not even a good thief, infact this is the only thing Ive stolen in my life.. Well, in elementary school I stole a few erasers from the book fair they had every year.

You know how many people I know steal from Walmart day in day out? Or not even Walmart.. Anywhere.

It's bad security.

Plus I've already stated, now that' ive been caught and banned, im obviously not going to do it again. I deserve to be banned, and i'm not mad.

I have every right to be sick and tired about shop lifting. The reality is it isn't harmless fun or what some would call a victimless prank. The reality is it costs me a lot of money. I have to pay more at the checkout, I have to pay more in taxes for law enforcement, I have to pay to prosecute and jail the offenders.

The truth is every time someone brags about how easy it is to shoplift it encourages someone else to go do it themselves. Right now someone in this thread has read what you wrote, and said to themselves well if that person can do it seven times before they got a slap on the wrist ban. Then I can probably get away with it once. Which is probably exactly how you started shop lifting.

I am sick of people abusing the system, and me being the one to pay the price. It isn't what you stole you know. It is simply the fact that you stole. It isn't that one person stole, but that there are a lot of people stealing. All that adds up, and everyone is left with the bill. Have you ever listened to Chris Rock. He has a very funny line that goes like this.

"I hate the electric chair. You know why it uses electricity, and that costs money. My fifty dollars going to kill a guy that ain't worth shit."

The degree of separation doesn't mean we aren't getting robbed. We are getting robbed just as surely as if you hit us over the head and lifted our wallets. We ought to be more upset not less. We are the ones getting punished while your getting away with out paying anything. You want to make it right this is what you should have done.

You should have just said I got caught shop lifting. No tales of your success, or what you got away with, or how light your penalty was. The least you could is be ashamed or embarrassed by what transpired. How hard is that exactly.

Dodece said:
I have every right to be sick and tired about shop lifting. The reality is it isn't harmless fun or what some would call a victimless prank. The reality is it costs me a lot of money. I have to pay more at the checkout, I have to pay more in taxes for law enforcement, I have to pay to prosecute and jail the offenders.

The truth is every time someone brags about how easy it is to shoplift it encourages someone else to go do it themselves. Right now someone in this thread has read what you wrote, and said to themselves well if that person can do it seven times before they got a slap on the wrist ban. Then I can probably get away with it once. Which is probably exactly how you started shop lifting.

I am sick of people abusing the system, and me being the one to pay the price. It isn't what you stole you know. It is simply the fact that you stole. It isn't that one person stole, but that there are a lot of people stealing. All that adds up, and everyone is left with the bill. Have you ever listened to Chris Rock. He has a very funny line that goes like this.

"I hate the electric chair. You know why it uses electricity, and that costs money. My fifty dollars going to kill a guy that ain't worth shit."

The degree of separation doesn't mean we aren't getting robbed. We are getting robbed just as surely as if you hit us over the head and lifted our wallets. We ought to be more upset not less. We are the ones getting punished while your getting away with out paying anything. You want to make it right this is what you should have done.

You should have just said I got caught shop lifting. No tales of your success, or what you got away with, or how light your penalty was. The least you could is be ashamed or embarrassed by what transpired. How hard is that exactly.

I'm not ashamed.

I chose to do it, I got caught, end of story. This shouldn't continue any longer.

Won't happen again, so relax.