By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - K-Mart Employee lets slip PS3 Slim news (to me!)

Smashed said:

Why are you so mad?

My god.. it's just a WoW game time card lol..

I don't know you.. I've been caught by Walmart, just wanted to see how long I could go without them catching me.. Took them long enough.

To paraphrase Darth Vader: "I find your lack of MORALS disturbing".

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Short answer: he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Long answer: he's only guessing and still has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Listen, I completely agree there's a PS3 slim coming, I just don't think there are any sitting in the K-Mart warehouse (I didn't even know K-Mart still existed!) and that there are always random things in every store computer.

So he should not twitter the news?

Oh gawd come on, by now its only obvious a slim-line version is on the way...

Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:
K-Mart is still a biggish store in the NE USA

Walmart is bigger in all of NA.

I rarely see K-Marts in Canada, if any.. Walmart's are everywhere.

However.. I'm banned from every walmart in the province of Ontario until June 24th 2010.

how do you get banned from walmart, i mean i know almost every one gets thrown out at least once in there life but banned? did you kill someone in the store... i think thats what it would take 

Stole a WoW 60 Day prepaid game time card.

Little does walmart know, that's my 7th one.

Got caught on it though. Who HASN'T stolen from walmart... seriously.

Look mate, little do you know that most employees bear the burden of stock loss, and many employees face being fired for bad stock counts and stock loss.  Think about that asshat.  You're not one-uping a big company you're screwing over some kid getting through college or someone just trying to pay the bills.

I'm sick of chasing sorry ass low lifes that think it's cool to steal stuff out of my shop.  Especially subscription cards or points cards as they're the things that hit margins the most if they go missing.

And back on topic - no way would they do the slim for $199.  And betting a lifetme ban when you have 20ish posts isn't exactly a big deal. (like the guy from the 199 thread)

Retailer profit margins are usually through the roof. There's no other explanation for why something can be sold for $100 today, then $20 tomorrow.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
muubam said:
Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:

However.. I'm banned from every walmart in the province of Ontario until June 24th 2010.

how do you get banned from walmart, i mean i know almost every one gets thrown out at least once in there life but banned? did you kill someone in the store... i think thats what it would take 

Look mate, little do you know that most employees bear the burden of stock loss, and many employees face being fired for bad stock counts and stock loss.  Think about that asshat.  You're not one-uping a big company you're screwing over some kid getting through college or someone just trying to pay the bills.

I'm sick of chasing sorry ass low lifes that think it's cool to steal stuff out of my shop.  Especially subscription cards or points cards as they're the things that hit margins the most if they go missing.

And back on topic - no way would they do the slim for $199.  And betting a lifetme ban when you have 20ish posts isn't exactly a big deal. (like the guy from the 199 thread)

Why are you getting so worked up over something I did?

Jesus.. Let it go.

Smashed said:
muubam said:
Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:

Jesus.. Let it go.

Lots of do-gooders everywhere you go, better stop worrying about it. I too could say that by buying legit from Walmart, they're supporting human rights infringements in some parts of the world. Is that one morally correct?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Smashed said:
muubam said:
Smashed said:
goddog said:
Smashed said:
Ssliasil said:

Jesus.. Let it go.

It's idioits like you that put my job at risk every day.  You're 15 and clearly don't fully understand morality or the value of money.  I work fulltime to pay rent + bills and go to college fulltime - if I lose my job I lose EVERYTHING.  And yes, I can lose my job over stock loss - and like I said, it's always the employees that get hurt.

Smashed said:

I'm not ashamed.

I chose to do it, I got caught, end of story. This shouldn't continue any longer.

Won't happen again, so relax.

It is a shame that you are not ashamed about it. It just makes me wonder what other things you are able to justify in your own mind. Personally I would be very ashamed and disapointed with myself.

We live in a society and society creates rules so the rest of us can go about our business. Theft clearly is deemed as anti social behaviour and is not contrary to belief a victimless crime just because you did not see anybody suffering because of your theft. You should not be suprised that others do not respect you or go off on one.

Over the course of a year your band of little theives take what they want which by the end of the years equals a lot of money. That money then gets passed down the chain either via job cuts, price hikes or even store closures.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Pristine20 said:

Lots of do-gooders everywhere you go, better stop worrying about it. I too could say that by buying legit from Walmart, they're supporting human rights infringements in some parts of the world. Is that one morally correct?

Supporting our morally challenged friend and referring us to do-gooders interesting and then for good measure we talk about human rights infringements.

If you do not get stealing is wrong then I hold no hope for you regards to human rights. It would be an interesting world were everyone just took what they wanted when they wanted it. I have a feeling that this may lead to just a few human rights issues.

The guy admitted to stealing I see no reason why I should sit here and pretend that is right or even try to justify it.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.